Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 14th May  (Read 2284 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 14th May
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 17 May 23 09:50 BST (UK) »
Honey!
Very soothing for coughs etc ,ticklish ones especially .
We have little teeny tiny sweets here,liquorice and menthol Nippits ,I think the fact that they produce saliva which moistens the throat is why they seem so good .
Inhaling steam too,even when you make a cup of tea, breathe in the steam, it “ loosens” mucus.
So annoying ,a persistent cough

Three weeks is quite a while .

Lovely sunny morning here but really sharp..
Watched blue tits pecking at two fat blocks,one with insects the other with fruit.
My Apple tree is laden with blossom. Last year through buds were eaten ,most probably by Bullfinches, but a small price to pay.
I had enough for lots of little pots of apple sauce,the tree this year has excelled .The Cox’s eating apple which broke off the leader stem ,has blossom on the secondary but also on the root stock which will be crab apple .
The number of people who pass along the side lane and ask “are they real apples?”.
Well Cheese and onion pie for tea ,cauliflower etc.
Son is easy to please.
Dolly for Kyra all finished and in the pram ,asleep!

Flash Harry more settled at school ,so many parents have said ,if,in the reshuffle of teachers next school year, his class have her again next school year , they will take their children out to another school.
His Daddy gave up working weekends to see if that helped ,they are very close ,it has and also the “ elocution lessons “ have stopped , so FH is confident again about reading with his Northern accent .
Eee bah gum! Oood a thowt  it?

Eeed a bin awreet if sheeda not bin meddlin!

Well things to do ,like ironing, you do one job but make another!
Never mind,we are not in Ukraine ,as I said to someone moaning the other day ,they asked ‘ What’s that got to do with it?”
“ Everything “ - I said.
I don’t think they “ got it”-!
Cheerio, Look after yourselves ,Viktoria.