Author Topic: James Mooney Montreal, Quebec  (Read 344 times)

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: James Mooney Montreal, Quebec
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 May 23 20:37 BST (UK) »

All ancestry has his James, father Hugh Mooney, marrying a Lucile in 1949. I cant find anything else to confirm if thats my man or not.

Sorry to disappoint but the information you posted earlier is not correct.  I was suspicious when that middle initial appeared.

Marie Rolande Laura Lucile Lamy 1929–2023
born 6 March 1929 - Hull, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
died 2 April 2023  St, Eustache, Quebec, Canada

James Joseph Mooney 1919–2013
born 20 March 1919 - Ste. Catherine, Quebec
died 23 August 2013 - Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 May 23 21:17 BST (UK) »

All ancestry has his James, father Hugh Mooney, marrying a Lucile in 1949. I cant find anything else to confirm if thats my man or not.

Sorry to disappoint but the information you posted earlier is not correct.  I was suspicious when that middle initial appeared.

Marie Rolande Laura Lucile Lamy 1929–2023
born 6 March 1929 - Hull, Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
died 2 April 2023  St, Eustache, Quebec, Canada

James Joseph Mooney 1919–2013
born 20 March 1919 - Ste. Catherine, Quebec
died 23 August 2013 - Longueuil, Quebec, Canada

Sandra

Hi Sandra, thanks for looking at all of that.

A shame about Canada withholding all the information.

Wm was James brother, he ended up in San Francisco by the 1950s. I did a post on here trying to find him but never did get anywhere! Maybe they all get lost in the big North America.

I did think James would be old in 1949 and then i wondered if it might be his 2nd or 3rd wife!

Its a shame there are no records of where people say they are going when they arrived. Otherwise Bridas visit might have led me to his location.

I really appreciate your time.

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 May 23 10:58 BST (UK) »

I looked for sister Catherine who married Ira Smith and died in New Zealand 23 June 1961 Auckland New Zealand.

Have you found an obit for her which may mention the two brothers James and William ??

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline anotherhugh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 16 May 23 21:48 BST (UK) »

I looked for sister Catherine who married Ira Smith and died in New Zealand 23 June 1961 Auckland New Zealand.

Have you found an obit for her which may mention the two brothers James and William ??

Sandra

Hi Sandra

Thanks, Catherine was very close to her sister, my cousins grandmother Mary Ham nee Mooney.

William was in San Francisco in the 1950s and they have letters from him. James was never mentioned so we assume he was not around in NZ.

There was a record of James Mooney in NZ as a scholar but we could never tie this James to our family.