Author Topic: Lunatic Asylum. Information required please.  (Read 495 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lunatic Asylum. Information required please.
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 May 23 20:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your reply Annie65115  ;)

I live around 90 miles away from LRO. I try to visit my Grandfathers grave at St Marys church in Lutterworth once a year and I have been trying to tie in a trip to LRO during the same trip but it has never been possible. Think it may require an overnight stay in Leicester to accomplish what I want to do, hopefully I will manage to do that later this year  ;D

Thanks again Steve

Just my 2ps worth.
Just about all of my research is 'remote' to where I am living at any given time.
I often find that the charge for a research/document request from an archives (especially if I have been able to narrow down the time frame/ location) comes in at a lot less than an overnight stay plus associated meal costs etc.
Maybe worth exploring?

Boo

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lunatic Asylum. Information required please.
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 May 23 12:44 BST (UK) »
Leicester Uni has an Attenborough Tower which, until recently, housed a Paternoster Lift - one of those with no doors that goes right over the top.

Pheno

Thanks very much Pheno for your reply.

Thank you for your reply Annie65115  ;)

I live around 90 miles away from LRO. I try to visit my Grandfathers grave at St Marys church in Lutterworth once a year and I have been trying to tie in a trip to LRO during the same trip but it has never been possible. Think it may require an overnight stay in Leicester to accomplish what I want to do, hopefully I will manage to do that later this year  ;D

Thanks again Steve

Just my 2ps worth.
Just about all of my research is 'remote' to where I am living at any given time.
I often find that the charge for a research/document request from an archives (especially if I have been able to narrow down the time frame/ location) comes in at a lot less than an overnight stay plus associated meal costs etc.
Maybe worth exploring?

Boo

Many thanks for your reply Boo and the suggestions/recommendations  ;)
Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.