Author Topic: Help needed /look up for a Robert Smith who emigrated to Queensland in 1960s.  (Read 480 times)

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello . I am seeking advice with how to track someone down in Queensland in the 1960s. Australia is a new place for me to do research and i have hit a brick wall. Although the Man in question is not a direct ancestor , he is still an enigma in my Family tree . Robert Smith was Born around 1935/ 1938 in Liverpool UK his Mother was an Edna May Smith b 1910 . All i know is that Robert settled in Cunnamulla area of Queensland and worked on the sheep farms and stayed on an Aboriginal camp there. It would be good to track him down and if anyone can advise me i appreciate this and thank you .

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
This person could possibly still be alive in which case no info can be posted about him.  Rootschat has a strict no living persons policy
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
First of all thank you everyone for your contributions here. Neale mentions previous chats regarding my Uncle , well i did not get a big response from this , hence i am trying a new topic on Rootschat . I will persevere .

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Possible based on your opening post details.

Births Jun 1910
FOWLER    Edna May        Glanford B    7a   715

(Edna May Fowler appears on 1911/21 census)

Marriages Jun 1936   
Fowler    Edna M    Smith    Liverpool S.    8b   141    
Smith    Richard H    Fowler    Liverpool S.    8b   141    

2 sons born Smith/Fowler. 1, dq 1936 liverpool north & 2 (the name you have mentioned) dq 1939 Liverpool North

John

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
If you check Queensland BDMs you will see that as at 2023 marriages post 1948 and deaths post 1993 are not available under the Queensland index.
https://www.familyhistory.bdm.qld.gov.au/
The end date moves forward each year.

If the year of marriage or death falls outside these parameters - see
https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/birth-death-and-marriage-certificates

a different kettle of fish.

Offline tornado

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Thanks Hanes for your message . I do know that Robert moved back to the UK at some point as a Single Man. Don't know where he settled though. I do a appreciate your ideas here .