Author Topic: Still looking for William Jones born about 1811.  (Read 517 times)

Offline mgabgt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Still looking for William Jones born about 1811.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 May 23 11:14 BST (UK) »
Getting close to finding our William and his possible connection to John Jones Talysarn

First an apology to Talacharn and thanks also. I dismissed too quickly your suggestions, which we now find may be very relevant.

Second many thanks to Gadget who helped us refocus on this.

We believe my great, great grandfather, William Jones, to be a cousin of John Jones Talysarn. Taking a broader look at the female side of the family we find:

Elinor Owen (1762) is married to John Jones (Tanycastell) (1759). One of their children is John Jones (Talysarn) (1796).

Elinor's sister Gwen (1747) is married to John Llan Jones (1751).

They have a daughter Allice (16/3/1772). (Have found baptism.)

She is married to John Jones (17/3/1761). (Marriage record seen for 8/7/1789).

They have a son John Jones (24/7/1791). (Baptism record shows Dolwyddelan.)

There is a baptism recorded in Dolwyddelan for a William Jones (3/11/1811). This shows the parents to be John and Margaret Jones. (Thank you Talacharn). (The record appears to show John Jones of Bwlchycynyd - which means nothing to us!)

Having searched records as best we can on line we have found the marriage of a John Jones and Margaret Lloyd in Llanrwst on 11/9/1811.

Are we stretching events too much to believe that this could be the wedding (in Llanrwst) less than 2 months before the baptism (in Dolwyddelen) and that this child William could be my GGG? We believe that these links show that he would indeed have been a cousin of John Jones Talysarn

We do know that our William spent his early life in Llanrwst where he was married and had a family.

Can anyone help us strengthen this possible link. Are their records we could access in Dolwyddelan or Llanrwst that may assist us. Who should we contact. Any further assistance would be much appreciated.

Many thanks again to Talacharn and Gadget - and to Roots.

Offline Owenthomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 June 23 02:25 BST (UK) »
I am also looking for a William Jones who married Ann Thomas on July 6,1832 in Tudweiliog. Is this the same person. I do not know where he was born.

Offline mgabgt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 04 June 23 17:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you for this Owen.
I don't think there is a link given the geographic location and the surname Thomas which I don't think connects to my family. It all goes to show how difficult it is to trace details of a William Jones.
Good luck with your search.
David