Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 21st May  (Read 1486 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 21st May
« on: Monday 15 May 23 07:20 BST (UK) »
Morning all  ,
Lousy morning, rain again,

Well the time  has  come, for those who remember my car saga today it is going in  for repair , my husband actually  washed it so that it looks presentable,  I just hope everything  goes to plan, I have only driven to church and back as it is local, not driven far afield but I have to this morning and not looking forward to it.

I managed to do some gardening yesterday hoping to could finish the edges today, well thwarted again, rain looks set in for the day, by now I would have got my bedding plants sorted.

Hope everyone is feeling chipper this morning, happy week.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 21st May
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 May 23 09:21 BST (UK) »
Morning LM and everyone.
Glad to hear your car is now going to be repaired to its former glory. Have they said how long it will take?
Lovely sun here today so am going to hang the washing outside to dry.
We've had an early delivery of a new washer as we were second on the list apparently . Two lovely polite men. We'd had texts to give us a 2 hour delivery window for today , then they rang 30 minutes before to say they were on their way. Such a good service. (JL)
Plumber is coming on Wednsday to sort it all out ( not straightforward so we needed a plumber not a handy person).
North East of England

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 May 23 09:33 BST (UK) »
Morning all on this bright sunny day… long May it last as I’m just about to hang out the washing before my Pilates class.

Good luck with the car LM hope they don’t have it in the garage for too long.. sure you miss getting out and about under your own steam… 🤞for a good outcome for you.

Candleflame - good luck with your new washer too… JL very good, isn’t it marvellous how these days you can track your imminent delivery so as not to miss them or have to wait in all day when given specific time slots… the wonders of modern technology.

Well must away, enjoy the sunshine hose who have it and commiserations to those not so fortunate.. could be us tomorrow !

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Wellington66

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 May 23 10:16 BST (UK) »
Morning everyone,
I don't very often contribute to the diary but.........
Moved to tears this morning watching the footage of Rob Burrow being carried over the finish line by his friend Kevin at the end of the marathon.  We all need a Kevin in our lives.  Makes all our problems seem insignificant. Have a brilliant week everyone.  Love reading your posts.  Welly x
CLARKE  Wm Lowestoft Sfk/Gt.Yarmouth Nfk
GOODING Ann Barnby/Beccles Sfk

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 May 23 15:48 BST (UK) »
Yes Welly, that was very sad but what friendship?

My car should be ready by the end of the week, I haven't driven as I said since my accident  but my husband drove my daughters car which she leant us so I had to drive mine, needed a lift back, lots of roundabouts which is where I had  my accident but I was pleased  I did it, I just hope I have done the right thing in buying it back,  it was only cosmetic and I do like my Fusion.

It has turned extreemly cold today, really don't know what is the matter with the weather.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 15 May 23 15:53 BST (UK) »
That certainly was a tear jerking moment Welly, I agree it makes us count our blessings.

It's a lovely day here, having a break from gardening. Went up to the nurseries earlier for topsoil, compost, plants. They've had the car park marked out with spaces and put some at the side where the compost is, it was awful, you have to have eyes in the back of your head to watch the people next to you loading their car, ones coming in both entrances and people ambling across your path when you're reversing. It was so much easier when you just drove in and parked in one row. Why does everything have to change? A bit of sameness would be welcome after these last few years.

Good luck with the car LM.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Online River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 17 May 23 06:52 BST (UK) »
I agree with Roobarb's words Wellie.  I think both those men are true heroes and what a beautiful love filled friendship!

Good luck with the car LM and with the washer Candleflame. 
It is sunny already here and I'm just having breakfast before I will have to set off on commute to work.
Hope all have a good day.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 17 May 23 08:08 BST (UK) »
I had a fantastic day out yesterday,  went to Southend by train,  got the train to the end of the pier and sat in the sun,  then I took my friend for lunch in a nice restaurant,  only downside was the journey home , unfortunately we got the
train  with hoards of school children  from 2 very good schools, but the students weren't, crowded, standing, hardly any sat down and it was very loud, my friend comment to a group as we got out it was the worst train journey ever, to which a couple apologised, it was horrendous and there was I thinking it would be nice by train than by bus as we usually do,  half of me wants to write and complain to be honest but what good would that do.
Looks another nice day today, hopefully the weather is improving..
Have a nice day

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 17 May 23 10:11 BST (UK) »
A Grand Day Out,L.M.
I sometimes travel home in a bus to Ramsbottom from Bury, the fee paying Grammar Schools,girls and boys have good reputations academically ,but in the buses— whew!
And our local High School also excellent academic reputation——— well,the language and behaviour is dreadful.
You have to time your shopping to end before three O’Clock, the pupils come out so early,what happened to nine to four ?
They pass my garden and no shame ,girls and boys : surely their  frequent use of obscene words can’t be switched off at home -?
I try never to be in the garden as they pass and nighties and undies off the line as they seem to invite crude allusions.
I really would love to have a big dog that could leap the fence and scare them  but they might run into the road and then a serious accident might ensue .
Wouldn’t want that ,although - I don’t know ——
But it is  on TV and well earlier than the “ watershed “ almost every other word in some personalities’ vocabulary .
One small blonde angelic kid .looks as if he ought to be in a Cathedral Choir ,
uses THAT word between syllables ,” W ednes££@#& day “——-

Oh dear, turn back the clock.
Viktoria.