Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 21st May  (Read 1485 times)

Online River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 21st May
« Reply #18 on: Friday 19 May 23 21:23 BST (UK) »
Hope your car is back in splendid condition tomorrow LM :) ..

By the time I finished a run of shifts last night I felt quite exhausted.  When I got to Newcastle I could hear loud, chant like singing like a battle cry and there were hordes of people at and streaming through the bus station, many of them wearing their Toon army tops and scarves.  i hadn't known that a match had been on.  I worried that I wouldn't get on the bus because of all the people but I did.
When I get off second bus I walk home through the park in the dark as it is now seagull nesting season and I do not want to risk being dived bombed and chased down the street as I was last year.
Back home I saw an email from my nephew; he has attached some certs and wants advice/help with some researching on his Father's side.  I email back saying I will get back tomorrow as I have not long finished work and am exhausted.  Too tired to think.
This morning I got a text from Doctor advising me that I need to send in up to date bp reading now that I have been on meds for a month.  (Heart rate shot up immediately.)  Doc says any pharmacy will do it. 
However, when I went along to get my next prescription today and asked if they would do it I was told they had no time to do it.  Pharmacy was empty as well but perhaps they were busy out the back.
I went to another pharmacy and the pharmacist seemed quite put out and said testing is not for those already diagnosed.  She asks my name and the name of the surgery and says she will ring them immediately to tell them not to tell people in future to come for tests!  After this call which is done in front of me, someone from surgery rings me saying they will fit me at the surgery in if I can go along in next hour.  This is not convenient as I am meeting SiL for a booked talk event at the library, so they give me an appointment for next week instead.
Unfortunately, at the library we find out the talk has been cancelled because speaker is not well.  They apologise and offer us free refreshments.  SiL takes it all very well but I feel disappointed.  On way home I withdraw a large sum to pay for my next months travel pass which I will have to buy tomorrow at the station before my 12 hour shift.
I've just looked into my Nephew's family history question and sent off what I've found and some advice.  I think it's nice that someone else in the family is also showing an interest in the subject.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 19 May 23 21:49 BST (UK) »
RTL
 I admire you doing a 12 hour shift then having to  travel home  you must be one of these people who survive on little sleep, I don't sleep very well but I don't have a 12  hour work shift to do
I hope the birds don't attack you're they did before,
Good might everyone

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 19 May 23 21:59 BST (UK) »
Oh I feel tired just reading that R.T.L.

It is so frustrating when you are given wrong instructions and get the flack that the informant deserves !Glad it got sorted.

I really would not like to walk home in the dark as you do.
Seagulls or not .
Do you have a spray or something for self defence?
A gadget that makes an ear splitting noise ?
You are very brave.

Well an early night I think ,I don’t get to sleep early ,so do crosswords  etc then I am tired the next day.
Goodnight.
Viktoria.

Online River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 19 May 23 23:05 BST (UK) »
LM, that is right I do survive on very little sleep.  I do a variety of shifts sometimes swinging from a late finish onto an early start.  My sleep quality is abysmal and I think I might ask Doc if this might have led to  my hypertension.  I have wondered too recently, if regular dehydration during Covid when public toilets were closed and I didn't dare drink for most of the working day might have played a part in this.  It wasn't just the commutes I had to worry about; I do not work with the elderly, I work with a much younger generation and I would go out with them.  Maybe I am just looking for something to blame but I can't help but wonder.  I hope my bp is found to have improved next week.  If not and they say exercise more, I really don't know how I can do it, being on my feet walking around for hours on end at work makes me feel too tired to even think any other additional exercise.
Forgot to mention that I found myself in conversation with an anti vaxxer yesterday.   Their view is that Covid was released deliberately to reduce world population.  Negative views and theories about the vaccine too.  They think we are being lied to about everything.  This person sounded very intelligent in expressing themselves but they haven't convinced me.  I think because I wasn't argumentative they might have thought I was receptive to their views but I'm not.  I was just interested in trying to understand their mindset on it all.

Viktoria, I don't have a spray or anything like that but I check to see no one is behind me when entering park and no one in the park.  If there was I would go another longer route.  It is lamplit and not that big.  I can get through quick.
I would rather take my chances in the park than with a seagull  any day.  ;)
Goodnight Viktoria and all.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 20 May 23 07:51 BST (UK) »
Looks a beautiful morning but it is early.

Collecting my car today, must say I am a little nervous, I must get on and do it though

Had a face to face call  from my grandaughter in Vietnam,  I think she has moved on to Bali as yesterday,  I thought she seemed a little homesick, due home 1st week in July, been gone since 5th January , she then has to settle down and get a job, I have missed her.

RTL,  has an umbrella been suggested when you walk through the park,  might make you feel more confident.

Have a nice day folks

LM.

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 20 May 23 08:20 BST (UK) »
A beautiful morning in my neck of the woods too..

Morning to everyone… hope you’re delighted with your car LM and feel happy to start driving it again… nothing like having your independence while you can.
Good luck with your bedding plants too, we always put ours in during the bank hol w/e at the end of the month.
 Well our wisteria has some beautiful flowers … royal blue they ain’t! As we’d been told, but a very pale lilac.. I don’t mind what colour they are just delighted to see some after waiting five years!!

RTL- what a run round you had with the pharmacies! Enough to put your bp up for sure.. hope you find it more settled when you go to your go’s next week. I think LM’s suggestion of an umbrella could be useful against the seagulls… or as a weapon whilst walking through the park at night time.. do take care.
Lovely to have another family member interested in FH research, I’m sure your help will be invaluable.

Today we’re off to a tea party in celebration for our friend who has been through the mill this last two years with cancer.. last year he had his bone marrow transplant and has recovered well… to the extent he’s just had his  hip operation! So it will be great to celebrate with him. Our other friend who had two minor strokes last year is also doing well and is back to being able to cope with more than a couple of people around and entertaining again, so it’s all good news for them both.

Hope everyone has a pleasant w/end and the weathers kind!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 20 May 23 09:20 BST (UK) »
I meant to put the brolly up when walking through the park, might deter the birds

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 20 May 23 11:23 BST (UK) »
RTL, treat yourself to a blood pressure monitor, it need not be an expensive one, then you can check you BP at different times of the day.  Make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Doing it yourself avoids white coat syndrome, which often sends many peoples BP sky high.

If one has to walk after dark, it’s a good idea to carry your keys in your hand, with one key protruding between the index and middle finger.  Should the worst happen then aim for the eyes, it should give you a chance to escape.
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 20 May 23 12:17 BST (UK) »
We bought a BP  checker from one if tbe smaller chemists, was very reasonable but as Jebber says it is a good idea.

The umbrella I would put over me to protect myself from the pesky seagulls.

Cawl, hope you enjoy your festivities, it is nice to get out and  about now,  we still have covid roaming around locally, a friend of mine this is her 3rd time, we still have to  be aware.

RTL,  my husband can sleep at the drop of a hat as they say, falls  asleep after the gym and after lunch and has a good night's sleep, I toss and turn but I have stopped getting up if i haven't slept for 2 hours or so,  laid awake for ages last night and was up just after 7am, I sometimes nod off for a few mins in the evening, it is frustrating this sleep lark, a reasonable 7 hours would suit me.

Well Wilfred Jenkins is home!!!, WFJ,  my car, someone was  looking after me as there wasn't  much traffic about, thought it was BH  weekend but that's  next weekend.

A lovely  day so far, so quiet, dont think it will last  though, luncheon calling

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London