Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 21st May  (Read 1487 times)

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 21st May
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 20 May 23 17:05 BST (UK) »
Glad your car is home, L.M.remember ,it was not your fault, so gradually your confidence will come back.
Nice things happening for Caw,enjoy!
Tidied the garden a bit,son repairing a screen to shade the pond as the water gets very green in Summer.
Planted out ,well hanging baskets,Nasturtiums, from last year’s seeds  that have sprouted,two leaves already.
Am dying to plant up two containers in next door’s garden I did it each year for my lovely neighbour’s Birthday .
If all goes through my son will live there soon,and he will have his own ideas!
Survey done just land searches now,.
It is not what he really wanted but at 64 not a good idea to have a mortgage so bought next door for cash , a nice little house and we can look after each other and maybe share a dog.
Next week down to Suffolk  and gormless as I am I have a hair appt  on my birthday!I am all over the place with dates—- it is The King’s fault ,this would not have happened when his mother was alive!
 I still can’t believe she has gone ,what a wonderful record.

Got a lovely Birthday card for my Grandson, F.H’s Daddy.
Will take it down with us.
Thanks for the news folks, look after yourselves .
Cheerio for  now.
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 22 May 23 09:19 BST (UK) »
Hi to all and sorry if I don't comment on everyone's posts.
LM how is your car looking and feeling now you've got it back?
RTL I just can't believe it's a month since you started on your meds. Have you felt any different in yourself. I don't think you'll ever get over the tiredness until you are old enough to retire and don't have to do those punishing shifts!
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 22 May 23 09:35 BST (UK) »
I don't think retiring  has helped my sleep  pattern at all, I have less sleep as I have got older, I often get up feeling tired but what is the point of just laying there hoping I will fall asleep,  generally up by 7 ish, sometimes nod off watching  TV in the evening  but not enough to upset my sleep, it is very annoying.

RTL works very hard long  hours  but manages to get enough sleep, I guess we are all different, perhaps when she does retire her sleep pattern will change after awhile but it might take time to adjust.

C F, my car does look good,  I do need a couple of adjustments which couldn't be done as he wasn't a mechanic but sought the info to help me, I will get if all done and then I will be a happy bunny, just need a bit more confidence to go further afield which I can't do at the moment

It looks  like  rain now, no two days alike

Thank you to all who have been interested in my car saga, if was good to share it

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London