Author Topic: MyHeritage Not Seeing My Uploaded Family Tree  (Read 375 times)

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MyHeritage Not Seeing My Uploaded Family Tree
« on: Friday 19 May 23 11:14 BST (UK) »
I have uploaded my Ancestry DNA test and GEDcom tree to MyHeritage and paid the £35 fee to access the DNA tools; I don't have a MyHeritage subscription.

I deleted the empty tree and set my uploaded Ancestry tree to default and it now displays as My Family Tree, but when I go to the DNA tab Ancestral Surnames says: "Shared ancestral surnames cannot be found because you are not associated with a family tree on MyHeritage" and Pedigree Charts says "Create your family tree. Exploring your DNA is just the beginning. Start building your family tree, like xxxxxxxx did, and we'll automatically try to find out how you're related to your DNA matches".

Why doesn't it see my new default tree?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MyHeritage Not Seeing My Uploaded Family Tree
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 May 23 11:34 BST (UK) »
The only thing that I can think of is that the current tree is in a separate web site area.

Click on the top bar, extreme left tab. If it lists more than one web site, your latest one would be listed.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what's happened.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline pughcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 May 23 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi farmeroman,

Since you have chosen not to take up a subscription with MyHeritage your family tree is limited to only 250 individuals. I presume your GEDcom file contains more than 250 individuals so this could be an issue.

pughcd
Ingham, Crabtree, Ogden, Horsfield - Yorkshire, Dixon, Park, Spooner - Westmorland, Drinkwater - Lancashire,  Gonsalves, Tressler - Lahore, Pakistan, Oberbremer, Baute, Rieke, Lindemeier, Sewing, Mesterheide, Clauss, Althoff, Wortmann, - North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany, Grolms, Schonscheck, Weiss, Schwartz, Stephan, Weissin -West Prussia

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 19 May 23 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hi farmeroman,

Since you have chosen not to take up a subscription with MyHeritage your family tree is limited to only 250 individuals. I presume your GEDcom file contains more than 250 individuals so this could be an issue.

pughcd

Oh right, that would explain it. It has 4,444 individuals...

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 19 May 23 12:32 BST (UK) »
 I find the  My Heritage  tree format, etc. vastly inferior to Ancestry ones, so keep your main tree on Ancestry and just put  a very simple tree on My Heritage. 
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 19 May 23 14:19 BST (UK) »
I find the  My Heritage  tree format, etc. vastly inferior to Ancestry ones, so keep your main tree on Ancestry and just put  a very simple tree on My Heritage.

I only use the Ancestry tree for links with others really and don't keep anything other than basic BMD data online. I've just spent a couple of hours trying to slim the thing down to <250 individuals using a GEDcom editor, but have only managed to cut it down to about 1250 individuals so far by bulk deleting surnames and pre 1800 entries. Getting bored though so I think I'll give up now.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 19 May 23 14:29 BST (UK) »
Do you have any off line trees?  I think most of us do.

Offline farmeroman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 19 May 23 14:41 BST (UK) »
Do you have any off line trees?  I think most of us do.

Yes. I use a weird format of my own though.

Offline Spelk

• RootsChat Senior
  • Pit Yacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 21 May 23 10:59 BST (UK) »
I uploaded a tree (trimmed to just over 1000 people) to MyH when I had an account. Since then I have not kept up my subscription but my tree still has all the people there.
I do have the slight irritation of messages popping up to tell me I have exceeded the allowed number and should upgrade to a full account but I just ignore that.
So maybe you could briefly join. Upload your tree and then stop subscribing. Maybe MyH do a free trial.