Author Topic: Tallentire - Weardale  (Read 374 times)

Offline DCH1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Tallentire - Weardale
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 May 23 12:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Amondg…I’ll have to look into that but it is called into question by Boo’s post so needs delving into.

Boo, thank you for that.  I obtained the 1780 burial from PR transcripts at the church itself where it only gave Mr Tallentire.  I was unable to locate it on familysearch so thank you for the link.  Clearly the same person.  By the way, it’s not the first time I’ve found discrepancies between the BT and PR (or transcripts thereof) but I’d say that info seals Anthony’s fate. Lol.

Sadly it doesn’t appear St John’s Chapel church has any family MIs.  From what I can see Find a Grave have largely used burial transcripts for St John’s Chapel which unfortunately falsely raises expectations.

Clive
Hall: Northumberland and Lamesley County Durham.
Murphy: Birtley County Durham, Cookstown County Tyrone.
Arnell: Wrekenton County Durham, Newcastle Upon Tyne - and possibly Norfolk.
Russell: Berwick Upon Tweed.
Crombie: Berwick Upon Tweed.
Forster: Weardale, Lamesley County Durham, Simonburn parish in Northumberland (possibly Falstone).
Myers/Miers: Weardale.
Tallentire: Weardale.
Dennison: Londonderry, Lamesley County Durham.
Allison: Kilwinning Ayreshire.
Dewar: Dalry Ayreshire

Offline DCH1954

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 May 23 12:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks again Alan, sadly the images are fragmented so I’ll hunt them out on FindMyPast, so thanks for the heads up

Clive
Hall: Northumberland and Lamesley County Durham.
Murphy: Birtley County Durham, Cookstown County Tyrone.
Arnell: Wrekenton County Durham, Newcastle Upon Tyne - and possibly Norfolk.
Russell: Berwick Upon Tweed.
Crombie: Berwick Upon Tweed.
Forster: Weardale, Lamesley County Durham, Simonburn parish in Northumberland (possibly Falstone).
Myers/Miers: Weardale.
Tallentire: Weardale.
Dennison: Londonderry, Lamesley County Durham.
Allison: Kilwinning Ayreshire.
Dewar: Dalry Ayreshire

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 May 23 13:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Clive, yes there are always discrepancies so I try if possible to check both BTs and PRs to see if they give the same info.

The BTs for St Johns Chapel are a bit of a mixture as it was originally a chapelry within Stanhope Parish
This is the first page for St Johns Chapel BTs on Family Search:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6LD3-4RV?

and as that shows, if you don't find what you are looking for in there then try the Stanhope BTs which start here:
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-6XBQ-4LW?

I did find some MI transcripts on FS for this churchyard, not sure when they were compiled but Gateshead Central Library may be able to tell you as that is where the LDS filmed the book.
There are a fair few which were 'unreadable' and no Tallentires unless I missed them.

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/213368?availability=Family%20History%20Library

start at image 428 of 928

Boo