Author Topic: Anybody having Cloudfare problems accessing RootsChat ?  (Read 151 times)

Offline kob3203

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Tracing Welsh/Irish roots from Asia with no money!
    • View Profile
Anybody having Cloudfare problems accessing RootsChat ?
« on: Wednesday 24 May 23 03:08 BST (UK) »
Is anybody else having problems accessing RootsChat because of CloudFlare ?

I've just started a discussion on the New Users forum, link below, but I think the common room is perhaps more appropriate.

"Locked out of RootsChat by Cloudflare"
https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=873189.0
Most roots researched back to the early/mid 1800s. Years noted as 'pre' refer to my direct ancestors, although I'm interested in any relatives:
Mitchelstown, Co.Cork: CORBETT (pre1935), SWEENEY  (pre1935), CUSACK? (pre1894), KEYS? (pre1894)
Mallow, Co.Cork: BROWNE (1895-1935)
Caher, Co.Tipp: BROWNE (pre1895), PURTELL(pre1895)
Cashel, Co.Tipp: FANNING (pre1886)
Llanelly, Carms: GRIFFITHS (pre1934), REYNOLDS (pre1901), WILLIAMS (pre1934)
Ton Pentre, Glams: LEWIS (pre1901)

Offline kob3203

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Tracing Welsh/Irish roots from Asia with no money!
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody having Cloudfare problems accessing RootsChat ?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 May 23 03:27 BST (UK) »
For a long time now I've been getting Cloudflare's "Verify you are human" tick box screen every time I come to RootsChat.

My understanding is that Cloudflare's protection should be invisible to most users, so most people will be totally unaware. It's only when Cloudflare needs to do some extra checks that it asks the user to verify they're human.

I assume that my being in Thailand and having a different IP address assigned by our ISP each time I turn on the router is probably the reason I'm subject to this.

But I don't just get it once per session. I often get it when I go to a different forum, or when I start or reply to a discussion.

I stoically accept the not insubstantial inconvenience and delay for the general good.

It was only when Cloudflare completely locked me out from RootsChat that I decided that I have to complain.
Most roots researched back to the early/mid 1800s. Years noted as 'pre' refer to my direct ancestors, although I'm interested in any relatives:
Mitchelstown, Co.Cork: CORBETT (pre1935), SWEENEY  (pre1935), CUSACK? (pre1894), KEYS? (pre1894)
Mallow, Co.Cork: BROWNE (1895-1935)
Caher, Co.Tipp: BROWNE (pre1895), PURTELL(pre1895)
Cashel, Co.Tipp: FANNING (pre1886)
Llanelly, Carms: GRIFFITHS (pre1934), REYNOLDS (pre1901), WILLIAMS (pre1934)
Ton Pentre, Glams: LEWIS (pre1901)