Author Topic: Lookups for Samuel Gascoyne  (Read 370 times)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Lookups for Samuel Gascoyne
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 May 23 15:23 BST (UK) »
If you have access to FindMyPast, he can be found in same area in 1921, surname transcribed Gaxcoyne

Even if you don't have a sub to FindMyPast it is possible to do a free search which does give limited information
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 May 23 15:50 BST (UK) »
Evelina was born 1844 with surname Draycott. She 1st marries William Knifton in 1869. William dies 1872. She then "sets up home" with James Sharley, they appear together i 1881 census. No marriage found. Elevina the marries 1889 to Samuel Gascoyne.

John

Offline Adjer

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 29 May 23 17:35 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to all who replied to my query abt. Samuel Gascoyne. rosie99,johnhood,carolw,& lizzieL.
Generally it all confirms my thoughts that he lived & died in London in the later part of his life. His actual birth date was: 22 Apr 1858 & baptism 3 June 1858. This comes from my photo copy of the church  record, St Mary & All Saints, Chesterfield. The date 8 Mar 1859 is probably the date when his parents registered his birth @ the Chesterfield Register Office. He probably did not know his true DOB to give to the 1939 census enumerator.
Not sure rosie99 exactly what you are telling me abt. Free access sites etc. I think perhaps you mean the local library?? I do understand the restrictions we all have on this site abt. passing copyright document info. Currently my FindMyPast subscription has ended. Sorry for the delay in replying but my internet was down today.
Thank you all, Adjer.
Hubball, Simpson(Derbys / Notts)
Rhodes,Morris,(Derbys/Salop)
Hughes,(Salop)
Bacon, Marriott, Aden, Slater, Spencer,(Derbys /Notts)
Hicks, Bradley,(Derbys/ Worcestershire/Salop)
Harthill, (Derbys, Staffs)
Hunt, (Derbys)
Swindin, Newton,Renshaw,(Derbys, Notts)
Lewis,(Derbys, Worces', Mongomery)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 16 June 23 17:38 BST (UK) »
Free access that I was referring to is on FindMyPast at home - you can get some details by doing searches on the 1921 and 1939 database without a current sub. 

Apparently our subscription contracts with FindMyPast (and Ancestry?) are for personal research only so rootschat is covering itself by issuing those guidelines - nothing to do with copyright.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk