Author Topic: Mary Elizabeth Jutsum bap. 1801 Death pre Oct 1803 .  (Read 233 times)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Mary Elizabeth Jutsum bap. 1801 Death pre Oct 1803 .
« on: Monday 29 May 23 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi , I am in a bit of a quandary which may be solved if I find the death of Mary Elizabeth Jutsum baptised in South Molton on 28/12/1801 to parents William and Mary Jutsum .
I then possibly have the same parents William and Mary baptising another Mary Elizabeth ( 14 th Oct 1803 ) in St James Piccadilly. London .
If sks could point me in the direction to find Mary1st.death between 12/1801 and 14/10 1803 it would cement the relationship factor for me . I am happy to do the look up if put in right direction . Ty Fred
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Elizabeth Jutsum bap. 1801 Death pre Oct 1803 .
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 May 23 11:33 BST (UK) »
I can't see a burial for Mary Elizabeth JUTSUM  between 1801 and 1803 that would fit.

However, if you're trying to place William Cook JUTSUM (glazier) in South Molton - he is there in March 1801: listed in the  Register of Duties Paid for Apprentices' Indentures. (on Ancestry)

Offline frederickay

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Hi also have spent the afternoon looking for a death of a young child Mary Elizabeth jutsum 1801-03 daughter of William cook Jutsum in Devon to no avail It is possible the family had moved to London around this time but we know William was in south Molton 1801 .
. I am setting off to Devon tomorrow and are going to be wandering around various places in area . One of these will be Fiernhay Lane … not sure if the the Lane is still there as can't see on maps but I think the street is . Is there anyway I can see if from 1800 until 1834 if a widow Mary Jutsum and then her stepdaughter Elizabeth White lived in the street and if so any numbers . All help very welcome . I am happy to look for sources myself if pointed in right direction . Thanks Fred .
valentine.fairhurst,hayes,hammond,codling,rust.norfolk.deyrujo.jutsum.wharton.lacey,probert,prickett,preby atherley-jones.clifton ..london /china. judd, eubank , dixon , hine , airey ,park .twentyman , dampier , jones in suffolk , limby , derrick , stockwell..

Offline maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Elizabeth Jutsum bap. 1801 Death pre Oct 1803 .
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 May 23 03:06 BST (UK) »
Can't help with finding out the address of Mary JUTSUM, however to help locate Friernhay Lane, there is this advertisement from 1839:

"... No 151 Fore-street hill, (the corner of Friernhay Lane) ..."

and another from 1809 has 146 Fore St as "4 doors below Friernhay Lane"

Not sure which is 151 Fore St, it looks like 150a is the corner of Friernhay St and Fore St currently. Here is a side by side map, unfortunately lane's are not named.
https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side-by-side/#zoom=18.7&lat=50.72127&lon=-3.53515&layers=168&right=ESRIWorld