Author Topic: Burial place for Coopey - James 1902 & William 1874  (Read 393 times)

Offline sking

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burial place for Coopey - James 1902 & William 1874
« on: Monday 29 May 23 20:54 BST (UK) »
Looking for likely burial places please for both father and son, My Gt Grandfather & Gt Gt Grandfather.  I was expecting to find them at St Pancras or Islington Cemetery ( East Finchley) but no luck. I'm guessing that the parish would have to have buried them, so was there somewhere else that the very poor may have been buried that ended their days in the workhouse?

James Coopey born in 1858 St Pancras, he died 24 Dec 1902 at Holborn Workhouse. No more information on the death certificate  other than his wife was the informant and in attendance at the death. Her address was 1 Bishops Court, Clerkenwell. The couple had lived there on the 1881 & 1891 census. 1901 census not found. On 30th May 1901 he was discharged from Holborn, City Road Workhouse (St Luke´s Workhouse)

William Coopey born 1827, Trowbridge Wiltshire. He died 8 Jan 1874  The register on Ancestry says G I Rd, which I believe is Grays Inn Rd, which was part of the Holborn union. He had also lived in the Clerkenwell area. 

Offline sking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place for Coopey - James 1902 & William 1874
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 June 23 15:23 BST (UK) »
I should also add that Holborn Union Workhouse also used Brookwood Cemetery in Surrey. Deceased on line covers Brookwood but I am still not finding anything. I would be grateful for any other suggestions.

Offline sking

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place for Coopey - James 1902 & William 1874
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 13:13 BST (UK) »
I found that James was buried at The City of London Cemetery, Little Ilford. They have the original register scans on line. Still looking for William's burial place though......