Author Topic: Bloomfields and Turners in Suffolk  (Read 427 times)

Online Comberton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Bloomfields and Turners in Suffolk
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 June 23 10:37 BST (UK) »
e1872, I'm glad it helped.

Thank you Wilcoxon, hope this makes sense.
I used the information you provided to find the record for Dorothy May Turner and made a note of the Parish (Occold) and the other occupants  (Amelia,  Bessie plus 2 others)
I then did a new search only filling in the Parish and for other household member  I put in Dorothy May Turner and got 4 results. Holding the cursor over the details at the end of each person confirms they are the same household.
It isn't always so easy as sometimes you get a lot more results and have to use the cursor to find the correct group of people. Also when you have it narrowed down to one result, you can fill in other sections such as marital status or occupation to see if it remains one result or becomes no results found.

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
Re: Bloomfields and Turners in Suffolk
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 June 23 18:25 BST (UK) »
e1872, I'm glad it helped.

Thank you Wilcoxon, hope this makes sense.
I used the information you provided to find the record for Dorothy May Turner and made a note of the Parish (Occold) and the other occupants  (Amelia,  Bessie plus 2 others)
I then did a new search only filling in the Parish and for other household member  I put in Dorothy May Turner and got 4 results. Holding the cursor over the details at the end of each person confirms they are the same household.
It isn't always so easy as sometimes you get a lot more results and have to use the cursor to find the correct group of people. Also when you have it narrowed down to one result, you can fill in other sections such as marital status or occupation to see if it remains one result or becomes no results found.

Thanks.  I'll have to try that.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)