Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 11th June  (Read 1545 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 11th June
« on: Monday 05 June 23 10:51 BST (UK) »
Morning Morning folks,
Here we are starting yet another week

Not a lot going on here, weather really dull and calm, washing looks paralysed on the line, no movement,  normally wouldn't bother but it is all my heavy towels taken out of the airing cupboard,  white ones hardly used, thought I would freshen them up, picked the wrong day.

Everyone seems to cram so much into a day, makes me feel lazy but I am not.

I have just done an online shop, 5th ever, don't find it easy to be honest and it takes me a while to find where I am,  hopefully it will arrive OK

Enjoy your day

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 11th June
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 June 23 16:36 BST (UK) »
Warmed up a bit here, cut both lawns. Finished the book I recommended, The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter, based on Grace Darling. It was so absorbing and descriptive, conjures up a beautiful picture of the Farne islands and Longstone lighthouse. Still on offer on Kindle for 99p for anyone who's interested.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 June 23 18:16 BST (UK) »
Evening . Forgot there was a new thread. Have had a busy day with granddaughter here, then visit to opticians to collect my new prescription sunglasses ( haven’t updated my pair for years ) . I love them. Quick lunch and tidy round , then go to pick up grandsons from school and take one of them swimming and the other to watch. Then back home and eaten my tea and now heading off to residents area neighbourhood meeting. Oh and I washed the ‘ winter coats’ yesterday and they didn’t dry as it was cloudy yesterday, so they are out on the line hopefully drying. Think I might sleep tonight.
North East of England

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 June 23 21:29 BST (UK) »
I'm guessing you'll be out like a light Candleflame! You deserve a good sleep after such a busy day.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 June 23 09:16 BST (UK) »
Really can't  understand  the weather, I feel really cold this morning , it is dull and looks like rain,  even my towels out all day yesterday needed a blast in the tumble drier I seldom use now.

Our days of  looking after grandchildren are over,    sad in some ways  but it was nice to have then near enough to help out,  our grandaughter  returns in 5 weeks time from backpacking  around  Asia, was worrying to start with but looking  back I suppose it has passed quickly , grandson  home from UNI now, he is not like his sister who always had a little job to earn extra, he on the other hand doesn't seem interested, a nice lad I might add but is not as motivated as his sister.

Take care, enjoy the sun if you have any

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 10:35 BST (UK) »
Central heating not yet settled down, seems strange having to check it, and make adjustments. Do hope it "learns" soon.
Cooler weather suits me more, although can't be bothered to return to weeding.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 13:55 BST (UK) »
TY, what’s your central heating doing that it needs to learn ? Ours you just switch it on or off lol. I’ve had it on today as it’s very cold here and no sun. I feel the cold a lot so I am grateful for central heating. Our new boiler from a year ago is much quieter than the old one .
North East of England

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 08 June 23 09:19 BST (UK) »
Ah, it's some sort of sealed system, after a 12 month relying on plug in electric radiators and fan heaters strategically located around the house, it's so nice to have (too much!) heat. OH is basking in it - he feels the cold far more than I do. Multiple "fixes" to the set-up we had simply didn't work at all properly - new heating engineer, new ideas and very "in there" attitude, but we have to monitor the pressure carefully until it all settles down. Learning curve for whole household - 'tho cat's not yet learned how to read and adjust it!
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 08 June 23 10:10 BST (UK) »
Oh what a fiddle faddle T.Y.
Hope you bring it to heel soon!
At Hospital yesterday re eye check, all is well and pressure from glaucoma down to 9 and 10: from 49 and 19.
So the Goniotomies have worked.I think that is how the procedure  is spelled
I am very grateful.

Glorious sunshine today ,I must remember sun block ,also did not water last night so must do some ,containers etc.
So many little apples have dropped,just past the flower stage with apples as tiny as orange pips ,the “June drop “most probably .

What a dreadful thing, bombing the dam in Ukraine, so many repercussions, it will affect the cereal  crops of course and so prices for those foodstuffs will go up .
A greater cost in human tragedies too though.
It is all escalating and for how long can other countries stay out of the conflict, ?
Another global war!

Hope all are well, or at least better for those with long term conditions
Need to get to the bank today re the suspected scam ,it is a worry ,as I don’t recall pressing on the link but am not at all certain I didn’t! :-[

No news re house next door ,land searches reports and energy safety certificates are still needed , then not much else .
My son will have to arrange transport of  what he has stored at my daughter’s   -at the showroom in a metal container, for motor bikes.
He is worried it won’t be in very good condition ,damp etc.
So we must wait and see.

So Cheerio, nice to read your news folks ,thanks.
Viktoria.