Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 11th June  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 11th June
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 08 June 23 23:09 BST (UK) »
Well it is a scam, all cleared up now .

Had a nice morning shopping.
Bury’s new shopping precinct is like Chicago !
All the malls are in shadow and a cold wind blowing through ,the older Millgate Centre is much more pleasant.
Atrixo Hand Cream at Superdrug is down to £3-99, it used to be £5-99 , then last time it was £4-99!If I wait long enough it might be free!
I always have three in ,bathroom, kitchen and bedroom.

I am whacked though , so to bed after this .
Eldest son is 66 on Monday, 12th.
Have invited he and his wife for tea on Sunday,I will get Salmon ,quickly cooked and I can halve the side and freeze one half if they don’t come.
He is still not very well.

A bit of forward movement on the house purchase, so that is good.
The horsetail weed in the garden is flourishing ,I now have to convince him he needs to use every weed killer known to man and those heat guns will not get down to the roots! At best it can be reasonably controlled but with a very very deep root system, burning the top is not much use at all.
He has two degrees you see, so of course will know better than me! ;D

Another lovely day.

I am looking for Stainless steel cake and biscuit storage tins, have seen some but they are smaller than I want,,there must be some somewhere out there.

Hope all are well, and look forward each day to your news.
Cheerio,Viktoria.
P.S. saw two lovely little twin girls in Bury , three years old ,they so reminded
me of “ ours” —- blond and lovely blue eyes and lively .
Out with grandma , a slight difference in size, birthweights almost two pounds and two pound and a couple of ounces.
Two more little miracles .
Real cheerio this time.
Viktoria.

Offline mare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 June 23 06:29 BST (UK) »
A very nice few beautifully clear sunny days, noticing the chill creeping in now with winter setting in more further south, daytime temps around 17 c at warmest point our area but needing that extra layer much of the time. Reports that May was the warmest on record across NZ, apparently winter 2022 was the warmest and wettest on record and some of us have exceeded rainfall for much of 2023 already. Lovely for being out and about and am also going through linen cupboards so extra washing, made first pot of soup for season yesterday.

Thinking of cousin this week, 70th birthday and 2 days prior had open heart surgery but hear she is doing well in recovery, a right pair with her husband in hospital for his birthday 3 weeks ago with slightly longer than expected stay following surgery, hopefully both all good to go now and a delayed celebration.
Young family friends having delayed celebration as well with the 4 of them isolating with covid again, older boy turning 7 was to have his pirate party this weekend but will go ahead in a couple of weeks and a joint birthday party with his mum. Her reaction came across as anger this time, she's quite sick and first to get it, was the same last year and has had long covid, miserable for them. Quite a lot of virus about still from various accounts along with cold and flu season.

Noticed two former teachers names in obituaries this week, both not that long in profession during my years and one was still there when our children attended and being a history teacher he was interested in our local historical society and came along occasionally. A week of catching up with more friends not seen in a while, long chat this afternoon with old school friend and another mutual friend just back from diving trip in Fiji who forwarded me a whole file of underwater photos, 499 of them! Also a former member of Wednesday hobby group came back this week, and unexpected encounter with friend from another hobby group who moved away and both surprised to see each other yesterday both out of our usual stomping grounds. 

Another dental appointment early next week, falling to bits as I have said and I've been every month so far this year! A couple of weeks ago had  a breakage needing attention but not urgent, it's alongside the last molar I had crowned and perhaps stressed a bit then but thankfully not bothering me, wallet a bit bothered!

Cheers all … getting dark here coming up 5.30 pm, 

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 10 June 23 11:24 BST (UK) »
Pouring with rain, Teignmouth

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 June 23 14:36 BST (UK) »
We finally have sun LM sorry!
North East of England

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 10 June 23 14:38 BST (UK) »
It has clouded over down here; very muggy and looks like building up to some thunder storms later.

Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 10 June 23 18:18 BST (UK) »
Told it was 16 degrees earlier,  . LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 10 June 23 23:09 BST (UK) »
Blazing day again today, watered twice ,very early and just now,

Planted up a hanging basket with Fuchsias ,only  £1-30 at Morrisons .

A mysterious wet patch has appeared in the side lane, looks like a burst .
About the middle but slightly nearer to me.
I have insurance with United Utilities but a neighbour said we are not responsible for pipes and water mains beyond our premises.
I do hope she is correct!
Eldest son here tomorrow if well enough ,Ihave a quick and easy recipe for smoked salmon tagliatelle ,will do two packs of salmon or only one depending if he is well enough to come and eat,I have done a big chocolate cake too, with black cherry jam in the middle ,will serve it with ice cream as cream in the first course.
Hope all are well and getting some good weather, I tried the temperature of the water in the rainwater butt, whew ! I could have washed up in it!
Well very tired siniff to bed with a crossword if I can’t sleep or wake at two and don’t nod off again.
Goodnight .Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 11 June 23 17:26 BST (UK) »
You lucky people with good weather, spent weekend at Teignmouth, drizz,e for ages on Saturday, today really  nice but we had to leave at 11am to drive home, not been In long,   tedious journey  but we got home safely thanks to our daughter and son in law

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 11 June 23 17:44 BST (UK) »
You lucky people with good weather, spent weekend at Teignmouth, drizz,e for ages on Saturday, today really  nice but we had to leave at 11am to drive home, not been In long,   tedious journey  but we got home safely thanks to our daughter and son in law

LM

BUT you ALWAYS have to remember that this is England and our weather is VERY RARELY what we expect or want!  I remember a few years ago that we had wonderful sunshine and warmth here in the Midlands for a slightly prolonged time - general call from the locals "OOOOOH it's too hot!" - I was "over the moon".  8)

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY