Author Topic: Peter (Petrus) Smyth & Thomas Smyth (Woodbridge)  (Read 457 times)

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Peter (Petrus) Smyth & Thomas Smyth (Woodbridge)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 14:33 BST (UK) »
Incidently emeltom where does one find NC bmd data?  I'm interested as I can see that Peter Smyth's occupation was noted on his marriage entry at the Society of Friends?

I'd be interested in trawling through to see if any other millers/millwrights are mentioned!

Windy
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers

Offline gobbitt

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 14:52 BST (UK) »
Windy

The wills of both Peter Smith (1708) and Thomas Smith (1742) of Woodbridge can be downloaded from Suffolk Archives.

David

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 14:54 BST (UK) »
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/nonconformist-non-parish-births-marriages-deaths-1567-1969/

The above link to the National Archives may help. Most of the subscription sites seem to have some records but not necessarily all. As with everything genealogical it is a bit hit and miss.
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline windy_miller

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 June 23 15:40 BST (UK) »
Looking these up!  Thanks for the useful tips and connections.

Windy
windmills, watermills, steam-mills, bark-mills, cotton mills, &c. millwrights & millers