Author Topic: A Brewer conundrum  (Read 186 times)

Offline BronwenS

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
A Brewer conundrum
« on: Wednesday 07 June 23 08:16 BST (UK) »
Kia ora

I have a will belonging to: Mary Brewer of Crookham, Crondall, Surrey, Widow 16 October 1708 to my son John Brewer five pound; to my son Richard Brewer five pound, to my son William Brewer my freehold land in Farncombe, Godalming, residue to my son Stephen Harte, exec.  Witnesses: Richard Chaundler; William Raggatt, John Grover.  Proved: 7 December 1711/12 to exec.

I think her name was Trigg but I cannot find a marriage for her and a Brewer or her and a Harte?

I have other wills below.
A 1635 will  Mould Perrye (X) of Tilford, Farnham, widow, sick 16 Oct 1635 )
to my son in law John Trige of Crondall, Hampshire 10s; to Jane Trigg wife of John Trigg 10s; to John Trigg and William Trigg sons of John 5s each

Thomas Trigg (X) of Frensham, yeoman, sick 16 Aug 1635
to my daughter Mary Trigg £10 at 20, …………… to my son Thomas Trigg a ……… to my son John Trigg a ….. my wife Catherine Trigg, exec.
Overseers: friends John Trigg of Frensham; John Greene of Bramshott, Hampshire (2s 6d each)

William Perry (X) of Tilford, Farnham 12 Dec 1663 (to be buried in churchyard; £2 to poor)  to William Trigge of Ewshott £40 (and to his children if he does not survive); to Mary wife of Stephen Harte of Ewshott £25 (and to her children if he does not survive); to Joan Trigge of Crookham £20 (but if she dies childless then to Ann wife of John Gourd of

Mary Perry 1679  my kinsman John Trigg of Crondall, Hampshire £5 and to his brother William Trigg £5; to Mary Brewers and Joan Wateridge sisters of said John and William Trigg….
Mary Brewer a dark serge coat and a brown waistcoat; to Joan Wateridge my best waistcoat and blue under coat……….Stephen Harte son of Mary Brewer

Mary Perry 1682:  best red coat; to Stephen Harte son of Mary Brewer £2 at 21; re

Any ideas welcome.

Bronwen
Aotearoa
Campbell, McKenzie, Ross, MacKay, Munro, Sutherland all of Ross & Comarty
Barry, Gibson, Watson, Summers, Edmonstone, Brock, McCartney all of Glasgow and environs
Erskine, Fletcher of Edinburgh