Author Topic: James Crossett, died Nov 27, 1927 in Durham, Bucks Co., Pennsylvania  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Crossett, died Nov 27, 1927 in Durham, Bucks Co., Pennsylvania
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 08 July 23 21:56 BST (UK) »
RJ137 found the obit of John Alexander Crossett who died Apr 19, 1935 in Memphis, Tennessee. He had a wife May Blanche Lowe, who may or may not have been his first wife. I haven't found a marriage for them although they are living together as early as 1916, as per the Memphis City Directory. Their children are John Alexander Jr., born Nov 17, 1921 in Memphis, Frances V. Crossitt who was born May 20, 1922 in Memphis, and Bernice aka Minnie born July 26, 1923. When John died in 1935, the children were very young. I have not found the death of their mother but I am told that the children ended up in an orphanage so thinking that May died shortly after John. Of course, in some places and at some times, orphanages were used to look after children when the parents couldn't or didn't want to. I can't find May's death anywhere in the USA. Or remarriage. Her parents were John Wesley Lowe and Martha Jennie Burnett. May may have had a son Virgil before she met John A. Crossett. Thanks for any help. Peggy
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 24 March 24 01:03 GMT (UK) »
The son James of James and Mary died 20 April 1873 aged 3 days. Mary nee McQuade died on the

23rd, 3 days after the child she had given birth to.

See ADDED information on post timed 06.23
I have found out that the James Crossett married to Mary McQuade was the son of Adam Crossett and Mary, and the family lived at 1931 Callowhill St., Philadelphia, so this is a different James Crossett than the one who married Nancy Kennedy and Kate Vorhees.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Fencross

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 22 April 24 03:20 BST (UK) »
I’m directly related to John Alexander Crossett, son of John Alexander Crossett, brother of James. My father was sent to the orphanage with his sisters Frances and Bernice. Is this chat started for search of info on James?