Author Topic: is there an easier way to do. this  (Read 450 times)

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
is there an easier way to do. this
« on: Wednesday 14 June 23 17:19 BST (UK) »
im looking for someone and I've got 2. candidates with the same name. and roughly the same date of birth....one was murdered, but, as far as I know the other is still. alive...I do know the rather unusual name. of the wife of the man I'm looking for ....as far as I know she is. still alive.but ive searched. for the murdered mans obituary etc...but I. cant find. any clues...is the only way to order the. dead mans death cert and see if it clarifies matters

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: is there an easier way to do. this
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 June 23 17:27 BST (UK) »
Have you tried searching electoral registers for the wife with the unusual name
OR
The probate index for that death in case it names his wife
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 14 June 23 18:34 BST (UK) »
thanks for the. probate tip....im not really allowed to search for the wife, am i...I assume she's still alive.

just to complicate matters, I thought id found the wife with the unusual name in a totally. innocent way...she is or maybe was a. company director...the rub is that she always gives her birth year as. 1959 when I know for sure it was 1955...maybe . told her husband she's 4. years younger than she is...her. family roots are in notts while. her. husbands roots are in lincs...so I. don't think there'd be with. birth years so close together

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 14 June 23 22:03 BST (UK) »
You say "roughly" the same date of birth.  The death entry for the murdered person should have his full birthdate which may help.

There would have been newspaper coverage of his death which would name his wife

It is perfectly legal to use online resources to search for his wife yourself if the info is in the public domain.  However - you are not allowed to ask for help about her on RC if she is still alive
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 June 23 22:06 BST (UK) »
thanks for the. probate tip....im not really allowed to search for the wife, am i...I assume she's still alive.

just to complicate matters, I thought id found the wife with the unusual name in a totally. innocent way...she is or maybe was a. company director...the rub is that she always gives her birth year as. 1959 when I know for sure it was 1955...maybe . told her husband she's 4. years younger than she is...her. family roots are in notts while. her. husbands roots are in lincs...so I. don't think there'd be with. birth years so close together

If you have found her age on the company director / electoral register index the ages are estimated

Offline greyingrey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 15 June 23 12:38 BST (UK) »
thank you all again...there are. lots of newspaper reports about the murder...one mentions a married. daughter, but that is all...he could, of course, have fathered her without being married...off to check her birth details

he was of working age when murdered, but the articles don't ,mention what his job was or had been or whether he was disabled or unemployed

im surprised the birth details for directors are sometimes estimated...thanks for letting me know...that might clear up one issue

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 15 June 23 13:13 BST (UK) »
Like all indexes they are open to errors