Author Topic: Lathams of Staffordshire 1800's  (Read 396 times)

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lathams of Staffordshire 1800's
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 15 June 23 12:48 BST (UK) »
Hello again
Most of the stuff is on Find My Past but Ancestry has the images for Derbyshire marriage 1844 William Latham and Eliza Gould.
I can send it to you if you pm me with your email address

Ciderdrinker

Offline ASmithy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi again both,

I have now purchased an Ancestry Sub for 12 months and added as many records to their profiles as I can find.

I thank you both for giving me so much to add to my tree.

Just a few more questions if you don't mind me asking;
In the 1841 Census of Elizabeth Ashmore, who married Hicklin [Hickling]. I can see you mention a Joseph aged 12 and Elizabeth Hickling aged 6. Do you think this would be the children between John Hicklin and Elizabeth Ashmore at all given that their marriage was in 1839, or do you think this might be from a previous relationship for John?

I can see a Geneanet Tree link however it looks very confusing and I feel that something is off with this. This John Hicklin, although they have born in Yoxall. Married a Hannah Cheadle in Clifton Campville in the year 1820. Hannah Cheadle died in 1832, which makes sense for a marriage to Elizabeth Ashmore in 1839. However, the Joseph that appear in the 1841 census you found shows a birth in 1829[ish] and an Elizabeth Hickling in around 1835 which does not make sense to me.

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Regards

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 11:34 BST (UK) »
Hello
The Joseph Hicklin born c 1829 is John and Hannah's son bapt at Tatenhill 19.4.1829 of Tatenhill Lane father labourer.
John and Hannah also had James bapt 17.3.1832 at Tatenhill and at Yoxall - Elizabeth 1.4.1821 ,Ann 4.7.1823 and Samuel 21.8.1825 .
Little Elizabeth born 1835 is Elizabeth Ashmore's daughter with Michael Askew bapt 29.3.1834 .

Hope that clears things up

Ciderdrinker