Author Topic: David J. Marple 1882-1959  (Read 583 times)

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David J. Marple 1882-1959
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 June 23 19:54 BST (UK) »
The Marple surname strongly linked with Margaree, Inverness County.
You might like to work your way through the following -

https://archives.novascotia.ca/vital-statistics/results/?First=&FirstS=&Last=marple&LastS=&Place=&County=&sYear=&eYear=&B=birth&M=marriage&D=death

I wondered if there might be a military record but drew a blank on Canada archives.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 June 23 14:54 BST (UK) »
Here's my best attempt, I have retained the original image and features, just done quite a bit of enhancements to get the image and his face clearer. Each layer of editing I have done I have layered back onto your original image, so that this is still the same person as in your photograph :). I hope you like it.

Difficult Job to do with newspaper clippings.

Not a modern restoration perse like the others, but I always try maintain the original photograph when I restore, just enhance.

I don't think this comment was very fair, everyone deserves respect when they are freely giving up their time. These people are long standing restorers unlike yourself:-\

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline toby_ax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 June 23 20:09 BST (UK) »
I don't think this comment was very fair, everyone deserves respect when they are freely giving up their time. These people are long standing restorers unlike yourself

I Completely agree. No disrespect was intended, and I am not a long standing restorer. This was the first restore I've done on here and posted for someone on here so I am just stating the way I have gone about it for future reference of others I may do. Didn't say mine was better, this was my best attempt, just like the others and thats not to say one is better than the other. Simply stating to the original poster how I have gone about this, as it was my first one and I'm not common with the protocol here. Additionally, I have referenced the fact it is layered onto the original image because my restore is quite dark unlike the others and that may not be what the original poster was looking for and therefore the others are more suited and vice versa for a multitude of different reasons and opinions. Following from this, with restoring, people take different approaches and that provides more variety for the original poster. I have added to this variety through my own methods just like others have to provide more option to the poster.

To reiterate, no disrespect was intended, and I'm sorry if it came across in such a way. I would never insinuate that any restore, including my own, is worse or better than anyone else's as that is reserved for the posters personal judgement and opinions.

These people are long standing restorers unlike yourself
The only time I usually restore images is for my own family tree and thats the limit of my experience restoring photographs. Just thought I would have my shot at this one, following the same steps I would take with images from my own tree.  :(

Toby
Mills - North Bierley / Hull / Burin Bay, Canada
Morrell - North Bierley
Gravestock - North Bierley / Bedfordshire
Wade - North Bierley
Failes - North Bierley / Norfolk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 18 June 23 22:27 BST (UK) »
Toby there is room for everyone to have a go at restoring and each offering leads to a greater choice for the original poster. We are a very friendly bunch on here and welcome newcomers with their own approach to the subject. So just join in and enjoy taking part.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline roland marple

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 19 June 23 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, thank you to all who contributed to this post, keep up the great work, I gave you a very difficult photo to work with and you all did an amazing job. I hope you will keep replying to my future submissions as I still have a ways to go to complete my Family History book.
roland