Author Topic: Children of William/Jane Anne Stewart  (Read 212 times)

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Children of William/Jane Anne Stewart
« on: Saturday 17 June 23 07:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,I hope someone can help me,I am looking for information on 2 children of William Stewart(1852-1913) and Jane Anne Steele  (1871-1945),married ballyarnett 18/2/1892.
    I know their daughter Mary,born 1899, married William Thomas Barnett on 18/3/1920 in ballyarnett church,but I cannot find it they had children and the year Mary passed away.
    Also if possible Sarah,born 1900,did she marry and have children,cannot seem to find any information on her,thank you sincerely for any help anyone can give me,kind regards Dean

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Children of William/Jane Anne Stewart
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 17 June 23 07:18 BST (UK) »
A daughter Elizabeth born Sept 1920 to William T Barnett and Mary Stewart.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1920/01200/1499305.pdf

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 17 June 23 08:25 BST (UK) »

Also if possible Sarah,born 1900,did she marry and have children,cannot seem to find any information on her...

There's this marriage available via GRONI Online - https://geni.nidirect.gov.uk/
You would need to check it out (£2.50 to view).
1922-1926 results.

Sarah Stewart     Bennett      19th April 1922     Derry

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 June 23 17:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you both very much for posting this information,it has been very difficult to find out much about the lives of Mary and Sarah,but now thanks to you both I have something to work with,kind regards Dean

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 17 June 23 18:25 BST (UK) »
Just a 'maybe', but on 19 April 1922 in Ballyarnett Presbyterian Church, Henry Johnston Bennett, a clerk from Hawkin Street in Derry, married Sarah Stewart of 'Ballugery' (Balloughry?), the bride's father was William Stewart, a labourer, and the groom's was John Massey Bennett, a manager, the witnesses to the marriage were William Huffington and Ruby Woods.

Here's the Bennett family:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Londonderry/South_Ward_No__2_Urban/Mountjoy_Street/1528611/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Londonderry_No__3_Urban/Bishop_Street/600164/

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1893/10598/5860694.pdf

Londonderry Sentinel, 21 October 1924: BENNETT - October 10, 1924, at Thornhill Cottage, the wife of H.J. Bennett, a daughter.
Londonderry Sentinel, 25 January 1927: BENNETT - To the wife of Henry J. Bennett, Thornhill Cottage, a son.
Londonderry Sentinel, 19 August 1939: August 14, 1939, to the wife of Henry J. Bennett, Thornhill Cottage, Londonderry, a daughter.

If the above births are for the correct folk, then a number of hits come back in searches for 'Thornhill Cottage', eg. what may be a daughter to this couple appears as a bridesmaid in a photo in the Londonderry Sentinel of 16 July 1958,  there is a reference to a possible son in the Derry Journal of 23 June 1954, also to a 'second daughter' getting married in the Londonderry Sentinel of 13 March 1954, also to a six year old daughter in the Londonderry Sentinel of 5 February 1946, I can pm names and other details if you like.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 17 June 23 18:39 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 17 June 23 18:45 BST (UK) »
Hello gaffy,thank you so much for all of the fantastic information,it is truly fascinating to read through,yes could you please send me all the other information you have,that would be great and so appreciated,kind regards Dean

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 17 June 23 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hello gaffy,so sorry,tried to private message you to say thank you,but it would not go through.the picture and obituary are fascinating,adelines children certainly travelled around and where hugely successful,especially John,which was amazing to read and I had no idea of all this,in this family,so thank you for all of your hard work,truly fascinating,kindest regards Dean

Offline gaffy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 17 June 23 19:46 BST (UK) »
You're welcome.  :)