Author Topic: Help with addresses  (Read 481 times)

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help with addresses
« Reply #18 on: Monday 19 June 23 15:56 BST (UK) »
So all we have is Coningsby Moor then, rather than an actual address?

Next to the Bellamy's there are 2 dittos so could it be possible that as the address above says Coningsby Moor and then Coningsby Lodge underneath that they lived their too...or am I just completely misreading it?

Ive looked at the map and am trying to locate Coningsby Moor in relation to what I know of the area, we used to live in New York. Any ideas where Coningsby Moor is today on a modern map?

Look top left hand corner of map. You should see Coningsby Field and to the right Coningsby Moor. In Coningsby Field you will see a "Lodge House" - this is a possible candidate for Coningsby Lodge.
The nearest reference point to Coningsby Lodge on the Census is the entry that immediately precedes it - looks like "Cross Keys House"? But as AB has posted, no trace of it yet.

Yes I did see that and wondered if that might be a possibility.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 19 June 23 15:57 BST (UK) »
Found Coningsby Lodge on the '61 Census, I think (barely legible) - no addresses on sheet..
The previous sheet is headed "Horncastle Road" but there is no dittoing on that sheet or the next two.

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 June 23 16:03 BST (UK) »
A reference point on the '61 Census is that the sheet that follows "Coningsby Lodge" (or what I think is Coningsby Lodge!) includes "Blacksmith's shop".
The map shows a "Smithy" at the cross roads below Coningsby Field.

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 June 23 16:14 BST (UK) »
Found Coningsby Lodge on the '61 Census, I think (barely legible) - no addresses on sheet..
The previous sheet is headed "Horncastle Road" but there is no dittoing on that sheet or the next two.

Oh good searching, unfortunately Susannah dies in 1856 and her daughter dies in 1860 so by 1861 the rest of the residents in 1851 are dotted across various other family members and in service so I never searched the 1861 Census.