Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 25th June  (Read 2325 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 25th June
« on: Monday 19 June 23 18:06 BST (UK) »
Hello Folks
Where is everyone today,  it is very quiet, enjoying the weather?

Bit mixed weather, although we had a lot of rain overnight Sunday  and a storm the ground seems quite dry underneath the top layer.

My car has gone for a complete service after I had it repaired after my accident, I am hoping they won't find to may problems with it,   can only hope!

Not a lot going on at the moment.

LM

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 25th June
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 June 23 18:44 BST (UK) »
Evening LM
Grandchildren have just left. Having a quick cuppa and then going to go and cut the grass. I’d left it long to protect it a bit until it rained. It bounced it down yesterday and it’s forecast for more rain  tomorrow,  so tonight seems a good time for a quick cut, not too low.
North East of England

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 19 June 23 19:44 BST (UK) »
I’ve not been on here for awhile I’m up in Dalbeatie at my static caravan
It’s been too hot for me but enjoying my stay
It was heavy rain last night but it’s been a nice day today cooler thank goodness
Settling down to watch the football for the night
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 19 June 23 20:53 BST (UK) »
Mustn't  envy you aspin but we had a towing caravan for 40 years , I was sorry my husband decided to give up towing, I enjoyed the freedom of doing what we liked  when we liked, it could be pouring with rain and we would be in the awning relaxing .
Enjoy aspin

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 08:47 BST (UK) »
Can't believe the weather, so dark  and it is thundering, lightening and pouring with rain, black morning as well, looks from the forecast it might clear by midday, no doubt the children got drenched on the way to school.

One good thing is I won't have to water the garden although the last downpour hardly soaked in, still dry under the top layer of earth,  today's rain might alter that,  I still need to get some more plants, I did manage some weeding yesterday,  so much easier to pull after rain.

My car should be back today, no contact yet as to cost,  will be like the boy scouts and "be prepared "for whatever  the cost  is,  at least it will be back in good condition, the mechanic said yesterday what a good condition it was in, one reason why I bought it back..

Take care everyone

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 08:51 BST (UK) »
Whoever it was who mentioned bees last week, I saw 2 playing together  in my front garden yesterday, we normally have a huge bee at the back of the house but not seen any big ones yet, did find 2 slugs though, no doubt they will be out in full force due the the rain, pesky things, what good do they do?

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 13:45 BST (UK) »
We also used to have a touring caravan for several years but nowhere near 40! I still miss it but husband doesn’t and he’d had enough of towing and parking it, even though we got a mover fitted to it. I did tow it a couple of times , as a ‘just in case I had to. ‘  Everytime I see a van of the make we had, ( Avondale) I look at it thinking was that ours, but I suspect that it won’t be. It was sold to a dealer.
North East of England

Offline aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 14:53 BST (UK) »
We had a tourer too but the family grew up and didn’t want to come with us .  While in winter storage some young ones entered into it they broke the folding table and had slept in it so we got it repaired and sold it . We then later bought a static caravan on another site in Dumfries and Galloway and had that for 20 years sadly we had to leave it as they don’t allow vans over 20 years . So we found a nice family run site not far from there and are happy here . All the family love it
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 20 June 23 15:21 BST (UK) »
Looking for something to do yesterday I decided to go through some old photos and came across this one, an early selfie. I think it must be about 1966. No expense spared with equipment! Box Brownie angled towards the bedroom mirror, just kept out of sight so that my finger on the button would not be seen. A bit blurred as you can imagine, trying to hold the trombone steady and the shutter release button on a short time exposure. This was me in my new band uniform.
Bingo! :D
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!