Author Topic: 28 Grosvenor Crescent, Upper Mount Street Tunstall 1929  (Read 236 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Grosvenor Crescent, Upper Mount Street Tunstall 1929 Completed
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 June 23 14:09 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alan for all your help. Yes- visited Madison Street (was King Street) this morning after parking my car in Hawes Street (was Upper Mount Street) and now understand the close proximity! My goodness, they must all have kept fit as the roads are quite steep and I guess they would have walked down into Tunstall to work in the potteries there- and then slogged back up home at the end of the day. I saw the cleared site where the church once stood- and the old victorian terraced houses are there still down Madison Street, past the new modern housing apartments and the empty piece of land. Really gave me a feel for life as it must have been for them. Thank you once again for all your help- much appreciated.
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline hepburn

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Grosvenor Crescent, Upper Mount Street Tunstall 1929
« Reply #10 on: Friday 23 June 23 15:42 BST (UK) »
stoke on trent. carson,wain,leese,shaw,key,scalley,mitchell,<br />james,<br /> nottingham,pollard,grice,<br />derbyshire,vallands,turton,howe.<br /> new zealand,turton<br /> canada,carson.<br />australia,mitchell,scalley,<br />