Author Topic: Ida Jones Marriage(s)  (Read 679 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Ida Jones Marriage(s)
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 June 23 17:31 BST (UK) »
The Jacobs well (Guildford) one appears in the Surrey Advertiser 17 August 1935 following a fatal accident in which he was involved.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online softly softly

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 June 23 18:03 BST (UK) »
Ida and John Temperley appear in 1939 register on Ancestry transcribed surname Dember??

John

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 29 June 23 19:51 BST (UK) »
I think that you may find the people named in that 1938 Preston marriage on the 1939 register in Preston.  That Harrys wife died in 1921 (Alice Breakel) they had a son a year earlier who is living with a Harry and Linda Warner in 1939

That Linda died in Preston in 1987. Dob almost the dame as on 1939 -  exactly one year out

Interesting. There are 2 1939 war register entries for Harry Warner born 10.2.1904. One record of birth date is crossed out and replaced by dob 3.1.1914. There is a birth of a Harry Warner born 5.1.1914 in Guildford Surrey parents George and Annie, he appears with parents and siblings in 1921 census. I am wondering if when records were used by NHS whether there has been a mistake re alterations to the records?

John

I think it is an error - the entry with the correct dob has been crossed through and you're redirected to a later page where the entry's been reproduced with only his details opened. Same address, occupation etc - dob not amended this time

Offline Bill 4423

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 17 March 24 08:40 GMT (UK) »
I have had time to revisit this, would someone be able to help/advise further please as I am getting nowhere and a little confused.
With all the help from my original post, I have Ida’s marriage history.
I am trying to conclude Harry’s, from this thread it would seem he was married prior to his marriage to Ida?
Trying to fathom Harrys early history I am confused by this https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X49H-8MQ (Referencing to post 12?).  IF this is the correct Harry Warner?
I know nothing of Harry’s early life, I am now intrigued by it.