Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 2nd July  (Read 1391 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 2nd July
« on: Monday 26 June 23 09:42 BST (UK) »
Morning folks
Cooler today to almost feeling chilly after yesterday's sweltering  heat, this is better for me but each to their own,  Brighton was heaving with people while a Yorkshire area had rain.

I have watered a pot of sunflower seeds religiously  every day except Saturday and they are dying, granted they were given to me late but they were about an inch up, now they have shrivelled  up, must be due to the heat,  perhaps I ought to move them, I will  be disappointed  as they were a gift.

Hope everyone is well  happy week

LM
Oi

Hard to believe it is almost July,
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 2nd July
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 June 23 10:28 BST (UK) »
Lost my THIRD Passionflower plant a week or so ago, despite diligent watching and watering. Oh dear, what am I doing wrong? Most people seem to think it becomes a rampaging thug, I can't even get it to romp a little.
Another two calls from United Futilities - my OH calls it "Untied Futilities" -water, water everywhere, for the last few days, except safely and non-discoloured, in the pipes - but total deluges last afternoon / evening!! Can't win, can we?
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 June 23 16:14 BST (UK) »
Morning folks
Cooler today to almost feeling chilly after yesterday's sweltering  heat, this is better for me but each to their own,  Brighton was heaving with people while a Yorkshire area had rain.

I have watered a pot of sunflower seeds religiously  every day except Saturday and they are dying, granted they were given to me late but they were about an inch up, now they have shrivelled  up, must be due to the heat,  perhaps I ought to move them, I will  be disappointed  as they were a gift.

I planted two packets of sunflower seeds (freebies from Bunches!), probably about 60 seeds. Only two germinated, which I managed to keep alive and gave them at the weekend to the two boys in one of our neighbouring houses, to see which would grow the tallest.(the sunflowers, not the boys) They used to play football in their back garden and the ball often came over the fence into ours and then they would come around, rather sheepishly to ask if they could have it back. Mostly they spoke to Nick, who was football mad (Arsenal!) and he would then go looking for the lost ball with them. Lovely lads and very polite which comes as a change these days

Hope everyone is well  happy week

LM
Oi

Hard to believe it is almost July,
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 June 23 16:26 BST (UK) »
TY
Don't  know what weather conditions you have had but I think the weather this year hadn't helped at all, I think the earth below is quite warm as we have had high temps, I remember last year I put in plants that died  due to the ground being to warm, I watered them everyday but they do far better with rain  water which is what my plants get till  the water butt is empty.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 June 23 16:51 BST (UK) »
My apologies, in advance, for this, BUT aren't we all just proving that we are truly English?

It's too hot, it's too cold, it's too wet, it's too dry.

Why can't we just get on with it, and make the best of what we have - AT LEAST WE ARE STILL ALIVE and able to complain.    :-X
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 26 June 23 17:05 BST (UK) »
BB, proud to be English

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 26 June 23 17:11 BST (UK) »
I've not really stirred much from my TV, due to watching tennis and cricket.  This meant that only the most urgent housework has been done.   This morning no sooner had I made a move to tidy away the bits and pieces I'd accumulated around my chair than the door opened and in walked son with his birthday girl daughter.  Her 3rd birthday is this week..

No sooner had they left than my oldest daughter arrived with her younger son.  the latter informed me that now that his own company has hit the wall,  he was going to leave England to live in Brazil with his father.  I pointed out that his father lived in Ireland - but no, he's moving to Brazil.  Daughter then acquainted me with news of her oldest son and his two children.  They live on a Dutch Caribbean island and apparently he plans to move to Brazil too.  The police recently visited his offices as part of an international effort to trace illicit money dealings.   Grandson informed them that he was moving to Brazil and they have advised him to wear a bullet proof vest at all times !!!!!   What is the world coming to?  I always thought that there was an awful lot of coffee and bully beef in Brazil, but nothing else.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 26 June 23 17:14 BST (UK) »
BB, proud to be English

LM

Ditto - born and bred  8)
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 26 June 23 19:34 BST (UK) »
Crumbs Rena that sounds scary!

I’m uk based ( just to avoid confusion). Has anyone on here got rid of their BT landline and just have broadband only? We’re thinking of getting rid of ours to save money and perhaps limit the scam calls. We now both have mobiles - yes I get spam calls on mine but I just block them afterwards. I gather the landline will be replaced by the digital line thing in time anyway and I know some on here were saying they don’t have good mobile reception so they weren’t happy about the digital line thing( sorry not sure of the correct title).
North East of England