Author Topic: Holmes Bellamy family of Billinghay/Coningsby/Walcott/Boston  (Read 347 times)

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Holmes Bellamy family of Billinghay/Coningsby/Walcott/Boston
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 28 June 23 19:27 BST (UK) »
Richard Bellamy was a widower when he married Susanna Harrad in Billinghay 13 May 1811. Possible first marriage in same parish 12 May 1807 by licence to Elizabeth Pigott.

There are entries in the Billinghay baptism register 18 Oct 1819 for
Mary daughter of Richard Bellamy, farmer born 4 Oct 1809
Mathew son                                            born 23 Oct 1813
Richard son                                             born 23 March 1816
Elizabeth daughter                                   born 17 March 1819
and a note at bottom of page 'these last four baptisms had been omitted but their ages are as follows (I've noted them above), being Dissenters.
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline Meggiejayne

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 28 June 23 19:42 BST (UK) »
Richard Bellamy was a widower when he married Susanna Harrad in Billinghay 13 May 1811. Possible first marriage in same parish 12 May 1807 by licence to Elizabeth Pigott.

There are entries in the Billinghay baptism register 18 Oct 1819 for
Mary daughter of Richard Bellamy, farmer born 4 Oct 1809
Mathew son                                            born 23 Oct 1813
Richard son                                             born 23 March 1816
Elizabeth daughter                                   born 17 March 1819
and a note at bottom of page 'these last four baptisms had been omitted but their ages are as follows (I've noted them above), being Dissenters.

I didn't know he's been married before but the name Pigott does ring a bell so perhaps I have come across it before.

I have Mary and Richard in my tree but not Mathew and Elizabeth. I have my great great great grandmother Sarah, born 1825 and Susannah born in 1821. I will go and alter dates on the tree and enter the new children. Thank you

Offline Tuxfordman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 December 23 20:44 GMT (UK) »
Just wondering if there is anyone else active on here that has Sarah Holmes of Billinghay or James Holmes of Walcott in their trees?

With lots of help I've found the 2nd oldest daughter, Emma and followed her story until her death. I know the story of Roseanna as she is my great great grandmother. I have some information on Matthew, through other people's family trees.

However the oldest daughter Susan and the youngest daughter Ann Rebecca are proving somewhat elusive and wondering if there is anyone else on here that has been searching for them and probably has further information that they are willing to share

James Holmes' younger brother Phineas Holmes (1831-1883) was my Great,Great Grandfather.