Author Topic: William Kelly or kelley  (Read 334 times)

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: William Kelly or kelley
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 02 July 23 13:57 BST (UK) »
...I think William may have been married to Mary Ann Slater,possibly married in greenbank presbyterian church,not sure of the date

26 October 1871
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1871/11361/8170824.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 02 July 23 13:59 BST (UK) »
I was just going to post that there would be a wide range of ages of children - Robert and Margaret being born 1850s probably.

This William would be another child perhaps to your William.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dean Wells

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 02 July 23 15:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you all,yes I think you are right,think the William who married Mary Ann Slater is probably the son of my great great great grandad,the dates seem to fit and William is a very popular name in this family,being passed down many times.very strange that Maggie,daughter of Robert and fanny Anne,seemed to be living with her aunt Margaret in the census,may have been a sleeping space issue

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 02 July 23 16:14 BST (UK) »
very strange that Maggie,daughter of Robert and fanny Anne,seemed to be living with her aunt Margaret in the census,may have been a sleeping space issue

Probably just staying with her aunt overnight or for a day or two. All persons in the residence on the night needed to be entered on the census form.

***in this house on the night of Sunday, the 31st March, 1901***

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo