Author Topic: Tracing Stephen Williams  (Read 265 times)

Offline curtainhooks

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tracing Stephen Williams
« on: Sunday 02 July 23 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I'm trying to trace the Williams family because it appears that Thomas Williams + his family were living at 10 Western Road in Deal at the same time it was given as my Grandad's brothers place of residence when baptised and when he died at 1 years old (even though my family weren't living there and I'm sure didn't have enough money to own 2 houses).
I wanted to see if the Williams family were related to my own, as they seem to be from a travelling family - same as mine. I got back to Thomas with his family in the 1891 census, but can't seem to find anything before this: (West End Cottages, Green Lane, Hythe, Kent)
Stephen Williams  1850 Costermonger
Elizabeth Williams 1862
John Williams 1880
THOMAS WILLIAMS 1884
Ellen Williams 1887
Stephen Williams 1889

I can't find a marriage between Stephen and Elizabeth (they said they married in 1885 on the 1911 census). The only thing I think could maybe be Stephen is a baptism in 1848, parents Stephen and Elizabeth, occupation: Travellers. This would correspond to the birth record in 1848 with mmn: Todd. I have a few travellers with the name Todd in my tree and one that was close with my grandads mum.
If anyone can find anything on Stephen Williams or his family that would be very helpful!  :)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing Stephen Williams
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 July 23 20:48 BST (UK) »
According to Stephen jnr birth reg - Elizabeth was nee Johnson
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing Stephen Williams
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 July 23 20:56 BST (UK) »
There is an 1892 marriage in Elham - Stephen Williams & Elizabeth Sullivan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)