Author Topic: David Crossett, died 1874, Saline, Missouri, USA  (Read 196 times)

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
David Crossett, died 1874, Saline, Missouri, USA
« on: Sunday 02 July 23 19:52 BST (UK) »
David Weston Crossett was born Dec 12, 1845 in Killymuck, Ballinderry Parish, Ireland and baptised Jan 19, 1846. His parents were John and Mary.
David is found on the 1870 cenus in Philadelphia and Jane McFarland is in the same household so this would be before they married.

https://www.rootschat.com/links/01sg2/
In 1873, they had a son baptised David Washington Crossett, although his death certificate says David Weston Crossett.
Then David Sr. reportedly died in 1874 in Saline, Missouri. I don't know what took him there. Jane stayed in Philadelphia where she died Dec 5, 1920 and her funeral was at the home of her son David. I can't find a death record for David in 1874. He is not on findagrave.  Would there be a newspaper article about his death, possibly an accident since he was only 29.  Many trees have his birth as 1839 but that is not so. Thanks for any help. Looking for his mother's name which I am hoping might be on his death certificate.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland

Offline Peggy13

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: David Crossett, died 1874, Saline, Missouri, USA
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 July 23 19:14 BST (UK) »
I have heard from a descendant of David Crossett who says it is family belief that David and Jane went to Missouri planning to homestead there.
Meggison-Durham, Northumberland and Canada
Johnston - Co. Derry, Ireland
Groves - Co. Derry, Ireland