Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 9th July  (Read 2121 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 9th July
« on: Monday 03 July 23 09:43 BST (UK) »
Morning  folks
Here begineth yet another week, hope everyone is feeling chipper this week.

Sun out but blowy, ideal washing weather

Will be a strange week for me waiting for my grandaughter  to return home, she flies home from  Kwala Lumpur  on Friday  but we won't see her till Sunday, poor girl will be jet lagged I am sure,  I suggested we left it a few extra days but our daughter had different ideas.

I am off to do some gardening now, weeding  between the dreaded bricks, why did we ever have block paving?

Take care

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 9th July
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 July 23 10:47 BST (UK) »
Good morning all, well time to put the sprouts on methinks, as it is freezing cold ,with blustery winds and heavy rain!
Rather like December.
Such extremes of weather in a short time space.

My iPad is being naughty, it needs Apple verification whatever that is!
My daughter talked me through it last time ,she phones tonight but I don’t want to use the time to be doing that.

Grandson ,and the children’s mummy came with Flash Harry and Tiddler Kyra. Unexpected so we had fish and chips .
F,H is in the first  year Juniors in September ,he already is used to playing football with his friend’s older brother and other juniors, Not a separate yard for infants and juniors  >:(
That is very hard for the little reception class children ,we had one just for them ,another for  the other two infant classes and a junior one.
The last term the top infants infiltrated the juniors and the reception class infants went into the other infant yard gradually ,I was always there ,a familiar face and they did blend in confidently.

Well more evidence re the Lawrence case, one  person  identified all those years ago never brought to account .

Nice to hear your Granddaughter will be home very soon L.M.
A trip of a lifetime!
We never got to do anything like that did we.
I am a coward in many ways so I admire her very much.

Quite a few posters have health worries just now, I hope things are soon sorted for you .
It doesn’t help that so many strikes by health workers are planned .
My little friend 95% blind and profoundly deaf, now has no hearing at all in her left ear.
Her daughter in Cumbria tried to get an appointment for her so guess what ——— the hospital has sent a letter with a date and time for —- wait for it ——a telephone consultation!!!!
Unbelievable!
I can’t step in too much but I said to her,wait for the appointment and just keep saying you can’t hear what is being said , hopefully they will send a proper appointment and  she is entitled to transport and ought to ask for it.
It is a two bus journey .
How she is slipping through the net I am not sure ,but with no family nearby to help —— well.

Son needs to go to Solicitor’s today, some things to sign.
It is all moving on gradually.

Well cheerio, hope those with health problems are feeling better  and  the weather is much more like Summer than it is here .
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 July 23 11:06 BST (UK) »
Yes Viktoria,  the weather is quite strange , quite cold and blustery,  only been digging out weeds for a short  space of time and am in for a rest,  not as active as I was a year ago, little  and often I think, had hoped i could get my grandson roped in but somehow I think not, would be prepared to pay him, he really is a lazy whatnot, so unlike his sister , he has another year at uni and has got to pull his socks up and knuckle down, no sign of a holiday job either.

I was pleased as I had a small  problem to be seen by a dermatologist, got an appt within 14 days but thank God it isn't nasty, had the procedure  done yesterday, perhaps working  Sundays to catch up

Your friends daughter Viktoria should keep pursuing  her mothers Dr,  really sad,
poor soul.

I was never as enterprising  as my grandaughter, she has sent some wonderful pictures, very appealing. I must say but I never had the nerve or the money, she is spending an inheritance, I have told her she won't get any of my money, if any left  till she is 30, she might want to settle down by then but who could blame her taking the opportunity but somehow I can't see her settling before she is off to do something else.

Back to weeding, how boring ? and it is chilly

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 July 23 13:21 BST (UK) »
Afternoon all
It’s sunny here today and would be ideal washing drying weather, however it’s forecast for showers and as I have to go on the school and swimming run, it seems pointless to hang it out, so into the conservatory on an airer it’s going.
Two year old helped with the supermarket shopping this morning and was very good. I used my nectar points up , so the bill was much less than it should have been.
LM I was wondering why you’d put on the last thread about having to miss church for a hospital appt, but glad you’ve been seen to.
Viktoria, two grandkids are at school and they don’t have separate playgrounds either , so the 4 year old loves talking to the year six girls! They think he’s cute and he loves to chat to them. They have a fenced off area where the energetic boys can play football in an attempt to not hit the little ones with a ball.
CF
North East of England

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 July 23 15:10 BST (UK) »
Yes, the school had a lot of children,200+ on the playground had they all been together.
Also with big brothers and sisters fussing the littleies would not make friends in their year group.
Often the playground with its rough and tumble would be something a little just four year old could not cope with and then not want to be at school at all.
Two very big playgrounds and two “ quads”.
Quad for reception class.
A big playground for the other two  infant classes .
A quad for the youngest juniors and a big playground for the other three junior classes.

The Summer term they could mingle if they wished.

Just back from Bury ,a quick whizz round and home,
So cold and wet .

Just having a belated light lunch, warm cheese scones with butter and a lovely hot cup of tea.

Sun out now ,but still cold.
Have a feeling my friend might call if she ventures out,honestly the wind could blow her over.
Well , must do some housework at least  —— like watering the plants!
Then I will be exhausted !
Cheerio.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 July 23 15:25 BST (UK) »
I feel exhausted Viktoria weeding  in between  the block paving,  back breaking stuff, I also have the long shared drive to do, doing  it in fits and starts, the only way, although it looks like rain I have watered my neighbours plants in her pots, even if it rains they seem to dry out quickly as she has veggies in some, filled her watering cans up from the waterbutt to give it more space as it does look like rain.

I have a photo  of my brother and I in the school playground , probably the first few days,  with a teacher, after the first term we were never in the same class, in the first term we had to have a rest in the afternoon on canvas type collapsible  beds with a blue blanket, all in in lines, bless us !!.

Oh, blow,  it is raining got to dash out and get my washing  in

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 11:46 BST (UK) »
Every time I stick my nose out, it starts to rain. Can't win, can I?
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 12:10 BST (UK) »
Rain predicted here today, don't mind  at all as it will settle my drive where I have been removing  moss and weeds between block paving, it does mean however I won't  get my washing dry , am I bothered, no not really.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 06 July 23 15:20 BST (UK) »
Where is everyone?

Hope all is well

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London