Author Topic: Ralph Marple  (Read 566 times)

Offline roland marple

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ralph Marple
« on: Monday 03 July 23 19:20 BST (UK) »
Hi again everyone , here is another challenge from my little box of photos. This is a distant cousin Ralph Marple 1924-1997. Very fuzzy and will, probably be very difficult to work with. He lived in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada. I know very little about him.
Regards,
roland

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Ralph Marple
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 06:00 BST (UK) »
My try. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 07:24 BST (UK) »

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 07:55 BST (UK) »
my try

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 09:59 BST (UK) »
Loord ~

How do you manage to get a very clearly defined face but the background and clothing are all blurred?

It's obvious that you're using the latest AI apps but could you not use it to bring up the other details too?
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline loord74

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 11:06 BST (UK) »
Gadget

In fact, I found myself forced to use AI to extract the face  details  due to the small size of original image, which does not benefit from any enlargement techniques. Personally, I rely on AI to improve some image as a final step , and I do not rely on it entirely in my work. Currently, AI techniques do not restore clothes or image background , but in the latest version of the Adobe program, you can replace clothes through built in AI . I can replace the shirt here and add trees, but it will seem that there is a very exaggeration in restored image itself.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 13:14 BST (UK) »
The OP does seem to post images that are really too small to do very much with using pre-AI software, especially when they're blurred

I think the size of the images might suggest that they are  from online trees as they are so small. I've found a version online,  sized  642x767,  and is far less blurred than this one. The earliest version seems to have been uploaded in 2010.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline HistoricalGenealogy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 14:26 BST (UK) »
I looked at the OP's posts and he uses 100x100 digital photos. That is to small of a file to work with. Why isnt there higher resolution photos from the OP?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 14:36 BST (UK) »
I looked at the OP's posts and he uses 100x100 digital photos. That is to small of a file to work with. Why isnt there higher resolution photos from the OP?

That is what I'm wondering too!
I found similar sized photos on online trees.