Author Topic: Robert Wilson 1832 - ? Paisley  (Read 736 times)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Wilson 1832 - ? Paisley
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 July 23 18:25 BST (UK) »
Yes it would be of great help still trawling through the connections to see if it leads me there I do like a good puzzle but this has really got a hold of me.

Same here and no.match with the mothers of Marion Wilson and Margaret Wilson  ???

Rosie

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 13:27 BST (UK) »
This might be a possibility for daughter Jane Wilson ?
1871 Census Industrial Girls School 61,Rottenrow Glasgow
Jeannie Wilson born about 1861 Glasgow age 10

Might be worth a trip to the Mitchell Library and check out poor relief records to see if there is anything on this family ?

Rosie

Online garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 18:13 BST (UK) »
Aye thanks Rosie for everything I had planned to visit the Mitchell to see on this and other strings of my tree soon........ as a conclusion for now I went back to the 1861 census for another wee look and view the marriage of Margaret Wilson (1840) and Hugh Peebles/Pebles (margaret has stated her father as William Wilson and mother Agnes mn Wilson ?) followed Margaret's line she died in 1904 in Paisley her son states his grandmother's maiden name as Margaret Lapsley ? it seems the census you found stating her husband occupation in 1881 (grocer) is part correct as they seemed to own property house/shop's in Paisley including 39 and 40 Maxwellton Rd until his death in 1892 then Margarets death in 1904 so I will do as you say regards the Mitchell and keep digging thanks for the help thus far cheers..... Garngad.
Henderson
Crawford

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 19:00 BST (UK) »
I think I might have found Robert Wilson ?

1871 census address 48,New Row Dalziel.Lanarkshire
There.is a Agnes Barr age 39 born.Beith Ayrshire with her family (Barr) boarding with her there is a
Robert Wilson age 38 born Paisley occupation coal miner
Margaret Wilson 2 years
Helen Wilson 2 years  ( twins) born 4/8/1868 Dalziel parents Robert Wilson Agnes Stewart
Elizabeth Wilson 2 months old

Agnes Stewart was married to a John Barr

I download a death for Robert Wilson died 21 May 1880
Robert Wilson age 46 widower ( coal miner )
Died poor house Parish of Daziel.

1881 Census on Scotland's people if you look for Isabella Wilson age 11 Dalziel.the Wilson girls are with their mother Agnes S Barr

P M if you want me to e mail you certificate

Rosie

Online garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 05 July 23 19:21 BST (UK) »
sent PM Rosie thanks just going to add this census from 1841 I think this is robert's parents and family margaret would have been born after this census.
Henderson
Crawford

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 06 July 23 10:46 BST (UK) »
Looks promising deaths for some of these people have mothers maiden name as Lapsley have sent you a email

Rosie

Online garngad

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 09 July 23 15:18 BST (UK) »
So a wee update so far regards Agnes Lapsley born circa 1807 married William Wilson in Paisley dec 5th 1824 went on to have at least 8 children from 1825-1842 in Paisley.
Her last child Margaret (1842) married a Hugh Peebles/Pebles/Pibles in 1861 in Paisley.
On Agnes death certificate in 1878 a Hugh Peebles son in law is the witness.
Hugh a coal miner and Margaret go on to own shops and property in Paisley looking at the valuation rolls for the period.... though these named are not directly descendants of mine I am putting the information here for any one who may be related or looking into the Wilson/Lapsley/Peebles families.
my connection is through Agne's son Robert Wilson's (1832) daughter Jane (1862) who married my grt grandfather James Steel (1864) in Paisley in dec 1881.
Henderson
Crawford