Author Topic: Thomas Rodgers and Ann Bains or Baines marriage 1844  (Read 211 times)

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Thomas Rodgers and Ann Bains or Baines marriage 1844
« on: Thursday 06 July 23 16:02 BST (UK) »
Hi while researching ancestors from England I discovered a line of ancestors surnamed Rodgers had moved to England from Kilwinning Ayrshire. I sought out my ancestors birth entry in Kilwinning and her parents Thomas Rodgers and Ann Bains were married in Kilmore County Armagh on what looks like February the 4th 1844 . All I know about Ann is that she came from Richill which I discovered was near Kilmore close to Armagh City on the road to Belfast . Thomas on several censuses I’m not sure if he was from Ulster or Scotland but he was a Furnaceman at Ayr and Kilwinning and a Assistant Keeper at the Ironworks in Kilwinning. Any assistance most appreciated Chris

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Rodgers and Ann Bains or Baines marriage 1844
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 July 23 02:23 BST (UK) »
This predates civil registration for non Catholic marriages by one year (began in 1845) so you'd be looking for church records.  There are only a handful of Bain marriages in the period of 1845 to 1850, so one may be a relative of Ann's.  (Irishgenealogy.ie). 

There is a marriage for an Ann Baines in 1847 to a Samuel Wright in Richhill, parish of Kilmore:

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1847/09320/5375161.pdf

Also, Griffiths Valuation (taken in 1863/64 in Co. Armagh) only shows one Bain in Kilmore parish:

http://www.irishgenealogyhub.com/down/griffiths-valuation/parish-of-kilmore.php

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Rodgers and Ann Bains or Baines marriage 1844
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 July 23 18:16 BST (UK) »
Thank you il take a look at this