Author Topic: Patrick Crosbie or Crosby  (Read 214 times)

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Patrick Crosbie or Crosby
« on: Thursday 06 July 23 16:17 BST (UK) »
Hi I was researching my ancestor Michael Crosbie and Elizabeth Tracey some time ago . However since then I was researching my ancestors brother and appeared to get them mixed up . One was Patrick Crosby or Crosbie b circa 1836 Roscommon in Troqueer Maxwelltown Kirkcudbrightshire Scotland now Dumfries Dumfries and Galloway Scotland, he married a Mary McGrail I thought he had children but it happened he did not . On his Scottish death entry in 1886 at the High Street Dumfries his entry was signed by Patrick Crosbie informant status - cousin . A relative of mine did research and found he was married to a Bridget Mcevoy in Dumfries this Patrick clearly a cousin was born circa 1841 Roscommon. In a Scottish indexes record both Patrick’s are jailed in Maxwelltown for theft at one point . So clearly my Patrick was at least four or five years older . The other Patrick died about 1910 in Dumfries. This relative showed me a screenshot of his Marriage entry in 1864 to Bridget Macevoy and it stated that his parents were Thomas Crosbie Labourer deceased and Catherine Crosbie maiden surname Judge . When I looked this up on Ancestry I got a 1840 birth for Patrick Crosbie father Thomas Crosby mother Catherine Breheny . I saw other records on Ancestry and family search etc and other records saying her name was Judge or Breheny . Even more strange I got a distant Ancestry DNA match with someone who had Judge and Breheny families in their tree Chris

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Crosbie or Crosby
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 July 23 22:37 BST (UK) »
Judge and Breheny are the same name.
See https://www.johngrenham.com/findasurname.php?surname=Judge

Offline Christopher Earl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Crosbie or Crosby
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 July 23 16:35 BST (UK) »