Author Topic: Robert Edward and Elizabeth Britton. Bermuda  (Read 347 times)

Offline Kloumann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Edward and Elizabeth Britton. Bermuda
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 09 July 23 12:42 BST (UK) »
I agree Shaun. She married a William Sydney Harris, 1905, Bermuda

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:68FG-6F6Z

Offline AlanBoyd

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 July 23 12:47 BST (UK) »
If Marjorie Agnes probate was to her sister, does that indicate that her father was dead by that date?
Boyd, Dove, Blakey, Burdon

Offline percy porter

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Alan NZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 10 July 23 04:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks to all those answers above, this has been an interesting search and have only recently got back on to it. A bit of a red herring for me in a way as he is quite far of the tree from the line I am following he is the son of Harriet Britton who in turn is the daughter of my GG Grandfather And the boy was 'born out of wedlock'. we found him in the 1881 in Hoo with his grandfather and shown as "Grandson" and again in the 1891 census were he is listed as Ag Lab.

A revisit out of curiosity turned ap the incorrect marriage to AM Whitecross in 1905 and his presence on Mauritius in the 1911 census. Not sure how he got there as the Royal Fusilier's website states that the 3rd Brigade was stationed in India prior to WW1 and went from there to France when war broke out. the battalion was subsequently disbanded in 1945 at the end of the war.

Another and hopefully final revisit a couple of weeks ago as a result of a passing comment to my boss at our local museum has resulted in revealing some of the above but added more, it creates more questions than answers.
I did find an entry in the 1939 register of a Robert Britton and Agnes M Britton in East Kirby Notts, but recent finds has eliminated him.

Thanks for your help, but still interested in finding a date of death if possible

Alan
Britton:Hawkins: London
Stephenson: Cox: London
Straughan: Sweeney: Newcastle/Durham
Liddell: Hobson:Newcastle/Durham
Horne:Oxfordshire/ Bienfait/Winnipeg
Voss: Dorset

Offline ShaunJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 July 23 08:10 BST (UK) »
his presence on Mauritius in the 1911 census. Not sure how he got there as the Royal Fusilier's website states that the 3rd Brigade was stationed in India prior to WW1

Bermuda 1904, South Africa 1906, Mauritius 1910-11, then to India.

See page 13

https://www.fusiliermuseumlondon.org/download?id=12382
UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk