Author Topic: henry allton and mary unknow  (Read 335 times)

Online Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: henry allton and mary unknow
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 29 February 24 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi again
Glad to see you've cracked it.
Not too sure of the marriage for Henry and Elizabeth Orton.
There is a marriage by licence ,a bit of a distance away at Newbold on Avon.It's 11.6.1799
Henry is 22 so about the right age but of Bilton
Elizabeth Norton is a minor aged 18 from Newbold on Avon who is marrying with the consent of her father Thomas Norton.
witnesses Richard Webb and John Burton.
Elizabeth's christening at Newbold is 17.6.1781 d of Thomas and Ann Norton
This fits with the age of Elizabeth Orton who died in 1840.
Daughter Mary bapt 13.10.1799 ,so Elizabeth was already pregnant. Then Ann 21.6.1801 at Newbold. No more children after that.

The ages of both do fit .

Just  a thought

Ciderdrinker

Yeah I wasn't convinced by the Newbold marriage. Henry didn't move far his whole life (so it would seem), so I've been looking for something closer to home - closest I've been so far is Henry Allcut to Elizabeth Henney at Mancetter in 1805 but yeah this doesn't look correct either.

I've seen Halton, Horton, Orton, Alton, Allton now.. so been trying to look for close matches near Nuneaton. Regardless, I was stuck here for 4 years and I've made a little progress on the short summary you made on this post

Online Zakerias

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: henry allton and mary unknow
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 29 February 24 22:01 GMT (UK) »
I also find it strange that Henry & Elizabeth only appear to have one record at Chilver's Coton. Then again, they may have moved/not been native to the area. I had hoped to look for some of Henry's (b. 1777) brothers and sisters.. alas..

I'll try the children and census records for relations but I am not hopeful :(