Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 16th July  (Read 888 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary summary week ending 16th July
« on: Tuesday 11 July 23 09:39 BST (UK) »
Morning folks, where is everybody.

Hope you all had a  good weekend,   thought we were expecting  rain or a storm but not this area yet,  my garden could do with it.

Trusting you are all well.

Not a lot going  on her, just a normal day

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 16th July
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 10:01 BST (UK) »
Morning LM

Lovely w/end celebrating eldest grandsons 10th birthday… hard to believe where the past 10 yrs have gone!
We’ve had sun and some storms so the garden at least is getting some water other than from watering by us! Water butts being kept full which is great.

Plants are having mixed fortunes really… our cardoon has more flower heads on it this year than ever b4 and no black fly this year… they’ve gone to firstly our broad bean crop, although we’ve had a good harvest… but to our runners and French beans.. greengage tree has one fruit on it! Victoria plums on other hand branches weighed down!

Our trip to Jersey was wonderful, good weather, lots of walks and swimming ( not in the sea though!) seems like a life time ago now… getting ready to celebrate with family at home in couple of weeks time so gardens getting spruced up!

Hope you had a wonderful time with your granddaughter LM must be a joy to have her home and hear all her stories.

We’ll have a good one everyone… cloudy and threatening rain at the moment!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 11:07 BST (UK) »
Good morning !
Went on a gigantic slug hunt this morning - fed the fish and saw a  v e r y
v e r y  l o n g slug,found quite a few more , black, two on my little woodland strawberry plants !
So collected five more and “ set them free “ in the wild plants in the lane.
Has rained in the night ,that usually means quite a few in the morning.

Son off to Solicitor’s today,transfer of money for next door.
Then keys handed over tomorrow.
It will be hard for him to get all his belongings, as he works such long hours with different time zones etc.
It will work out .

Little friend called yesterday.
One way and another she is really being neglected, what ever happened to the clinics we oldies were promised ?
Never gets blood  checks ,but looks really anaemic, her inner lower eyelids are almost white .
I don’t understand it.
But a fine line between helping and interfering.
 Her daughter is now only coming from Cumbria  once  every three months!
She does worry me.

Just taken some chicken out of the freezer, will be defrosted by late afternoon so will make a curry.
A bit of shopping whilst son is away ,so much easier on my own!
I am nearer the bus stop than the car park he likes to park in, when I have finished and a little walking does me good .

Could rain again ,sky a bit lowering so washing brought in.a few things not quite dry from yesterday .Son’s jeans etc,
Gosh I do hate the smell of washing not hung up or left in the washer too long so they have that awful sour smell!
You get whiffs of it as people pass.
I wash clothes again if not able to hang it up straight away.
Finicky perhaps.
I hope there are instructions with the washer they have kindly left next door ,- that reminds me I must get the stuff to clean and refresh washers.

Well off to Rammy,and I hope everyone is as O.K as can be.
Cheerio.
Viktoria.

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 14:20 BST (UK) »
Afternoon all
Just cut the grass today to tidy things up a bit. Cup of tea next.
North East of England

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 16:56 BST (UK) »
We have block paving in our driveway and today we had another go at removing the moss between each brick , I have one of those green kneeler things, was just getting up and went flat on my face, they are not safe in my opinion, grazed and scraped knees, last week I was doing  it on my own, thankfully my husband was with me, he had to get me up,   what a, up to lift!!. feeling sorry for myself.

Slugs, found some in my small compost bin having  party, will have to get rid of those when I clear out the bin, don't eat to spread them around .

Good luck to your son Victoria

Jersey, I would like to go again but don't want to travel to Heathrow of Gatwick,  would have preferred to use a coach trip but they, I think, go from somewhere down south  by boat, Stanstead would have been ideal.

Would like it to rain to clear the patio blocks, looks like rain now, yippee.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 18:05 BST (UK) »
LM - sorry to hear about your fall, hope you’re not feeling too battered and bruised.

We flew from Southampton airport which was wonderful only 35 mins in the air, could arrive at airport a hour before flight! Only needed driving licence no passport to show for identity… wish all flights like that, wonderful!

Well the slugs/ snails have decimated our hostas this year sadly. Spent yesterday edging our garden path which with both of us doing it seemed be done in no time… thankfully… next job pressure wash the patios… maybe not today though!

Viktoria - hope your slug fest has done the trick! I’m sure you’ll be pleased to have your house back to how you want it but at least your Son is close by for any emergencies… at least you can do your shopping how and when you want!

Well back to the tennis… surprising how empty the centre and No 1 courts look.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 22:32 BST (UK) »
Oooooo! L.M. , Gosh, that sounds nasty.
If you haven’t already ,have a hot bath ,that does seem to help a bit .
Hope you are not really sore tomorrow.

Walked to Rammy ,a bit of shopping for little friend and some for us.
The traffic was nose to tail ,but it does  not take long to walk down ,25-30 mins, and it is good for me to do so.
Rained lightly ,but not much.

Little friend caused panic.Her poor sight must have confused her,she wondered where I was after about an hour , but thought I had been gone four hours!
She was quite cross as she did not know where I was, got my son to leave his work and look for me,,he phoned his brother who was ready to come to search for me !
Then I had to try to get her to understand the difference  between use by dates and how many days something can be eaten after opening !
Oh dear, what a poor soul she is.
I refused payment but left the receipt so her daughter can pay me.
I truly don’t think she should be paying me when she has no idea between £5,£10 and £20 notes due to such poor sight

Had chicken curry for tea,not bad.

Must get an early night ,Iwake in the night and don’t get back to sleep so get about two to three hours if I am late to bed.

Hope everyone is O.K. but I do remember  quite a few are not very well.
Hope you soon improve folks.

Cheerio.
Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 10:04 BST (UK) »
Morning folks
Bit mixed weather, looks bright but looks like rain, quite breezy, don't know what to make of it at the moment but washing out hoping for the best.

Walking down is OK for me Viktoria but I am not so good on the climbing  back up.

Slugs, there are certain plants they don't like, geraniums for one, not been out after dark to collect any but did find some in my small compost bin, as I said earlier.

Viktoria, your poor friend definitely needs more help and attention than you can give, as kind as you are it is a responsibility,  pity her family can't look after her more often but it is difficult if family move away, gone are the days when children lived near parents, not a day went passed when one or more of my aunts saw my grandmother but she did have at least 14 children.

Bruised knees and achy arm where I reached out to try to save myself yesterday but I am up and walking , in this house if one is out of bed one is fit and able, little tip, these kneelers are a good idea but in my opinion not on concrete or block paving , if my husband wasn't there I wonder how long I would have lain there, I just could not get up, didn't help the kneeler was underneath me, but hey ho, I am up and walking,  thank you.

What a cutie Boris' s new baby is, beautiful picture in the paper today

Hope everyone is feeling chipper today, take  care.

LM

Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 11:47 BST (UK) »
Last flew to Jersey from Manchester Airport, just before original lockdown. Hate that Airport! But love Jersey.
Viktoria, you really are being handed too much responsibility. Your "little friend" NEEDS more care , and her rellies have to step up to the plate. She sounds as if she needs sheltered / residential care. Sorry to sound so blunt, but you know it's more responsibility than they ought to be leaving to neighbours.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)