Author Topic: Diary summary week ending 16th July  (Read 887 times)

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Diary summary week ending 16th July
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 20:48 BST (UK) »
You might be right TY, Viktoria is such a kind   neighbour to her and she doesn't mind but it is a responsibility for her and you can feel her worry about her.

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 21:39 BST (UK) »
I thank you ,ladies, I can only do a little and get infuriated at what her family have put in her mind so she won’t have help.
Carers rob  you!
They hurt you,
Etc etc etc.
I wonder if they feel they are protecting her ,she is so vulnerable.
Such a job yesterday trying to get her to understand the difference between a use by date and the the once opened date!
But it does me no harm to help a little and I can only imagine how difficult it is for her.
We are meant to have five senses ,she has really only three.

Got the keys to next door.
Other son and his wife came over.
 The fridge and freezer need a good clean .,power turned off but doors closed so need a good clean.
The sort that have inbuilt anti bacteria properties,so no bleach etc, but bi carb is good .
It will all work out.

At Dr’s  tomorrow for blood pressure check .

A dull cold rainy day today , unbelievable difference.

An early night tonight I think.

Hope everyone is O.K.
Cheerio.Viktoria.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 July 23 12:39 BST (UK) »
Viktoria: you'd never forgive yourself if she became really unwell / died on your watch. Those rellies need to understand (can her doctor help?) that she needs care - sheltered housing or residential, probably. See if your son agrees with you, or feels it's too much for you to be expected to take on.
Some carers do a splendid job, a friend of mine really relies on the team that help her. Not many, than God, are naughties.
I know you feel it's part of your good fortune in life to help her, but if she still lived locally you could make a regular arrangement to call on her, and then she'd look forward to it. We all care about you, too, you know, on here.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 July 23 18:12 BST (UK) »
Poor soul is totally reliant on her daughter.
She mistrusts others ,partly by brainwashing ,very probably for her safety .
However ,her daughter has no idea that given her mother’s multi problems she can have transport to and from hospital for visits and will be accompanied to the relevant department etc, by the driver ,usually an ambulance/mini bus.
Ihave given my friend details to show her daughter .

A new fridge  is in the offing and perhaps a microwave with very large numbers ,then those long life ready meals we see on T,V.are possible. at least she will be having a decent meal once a day.

Quite nice day today ,my B,P was spot on.
Visit on 27 th re the extreme tiredness, bruising, wobbly gait .pins and needles etc ,all my daughter had pre Pernicious Anaemia diagnosis .
Could just be a lack of Vitamin B 12 ,so not so serious.

Fish and chips for tea ,so,plates to be warned etc .

Thanks for your kind posts ,I think things will improve before too long for my little friend.
Cheerio.
Viktoria.