Author Topic: Photo of Elizabeth Bierley  (Read 308 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Photo of Elizabeth Bierley
« on: Tuesday 11 July 23 20:29 BST (UK) »
My grandfather Richard Luffman (1828-1905) married Elizabeth 25th August 1853 at Burgh lincs.She died 3rd June 1894 at Boston Lincs, and he married my grandmother Laetitia Burton shortly afterwards. To prevent queries Richard was 67 at the time of his second marriage, and was aged 71 when my father was born in 1899.
I have a Luffman photo from the 1870s, which has enabled me to identify 2 of his three brothers, but I am unable to certainly identify Richard as only three of the brothers are on the photo. They all have their wives with them, and I wonder if anyone has a known photograph of Elizabeth to allow me to identify (or eliminate) this as a picture of my grandfather?
Richard was obviously in contact with the Bierley family after his second marriage as the informant on Richard's death certificate was George Walmsley of 35 King St Boston, son of Jane Walmsley, the sister of Elizabeth his first wife.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Photo of Elizabeth Bierley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 11 July 23 22:26 BST (UK) »
Have you tried looking for matching trees on Ancestry to see if there are any photos that might help you?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 July 23 17:54 BST (UK) »
Will give that a try thanks Carol
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline AllanUK

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 15 July 23 11:37 BST (UK) »
Have you tried looking for matching trees on Ancestry to see if there are any photos that might help you?
Carol

Several trees on Ancestry but no photographs

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 July 23 14:32 BST (UK) »
Confirms my view of Ancestry thanks. Appear to have missed nothing. Intend to pursue the trees see where that leads.