Author Topic: Ballymena marriages  (Read 310 times)

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Ballymena marriages
« on: Wednesday 12 July 23 13:40 BST (UK) »
One of the footnotes in my family tree says
Ballymena marriages on Liam McFaul’s Antrim genealogy web site

But now I can't find that on the tangled web.
Does anyone know what happened to it?
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline athacliath62

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Ballymena marriages
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 14:11 BST (UK) »
I think it might be this website : https://irishgenealogy.net -  but not currently working correctly for me. You can see some of the pages on the Internet Archive - several mentions of the name Liam G. McFaul

Offline HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 12 July 23 14:31 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the swift reply.
There's quite a lot there, including what I think I was looking for.

I've also received a PM with a more complete URL:
https://irishgenealogy.net/antrimgen.html
That seems to lead to the same place as your Internet Archive link.
Should keep me busy for a while.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline glensman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 01 September 23 20:32 BST (UK) »
For information, Liam McFaul who was originally from Larne, passed away in the Netherlands on 5 August 2023.

Offline Colinm

• RootsChat Extra
  • Have you seen this man around Ballymena recently?
    • View Profile
Liam McFaul
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 September 23 01:57 BST (UK) »
Liam was an internet pioneer when he set up his County Antrim website and forum in the earlier 1990s.  I remember the first time I visited his website using "dial up" and viewing the 1851 Census Fragments.
Thanks Liam...RIP.
Co. Antrim ...Porter, Moore, Harper, Latham, Mulholland, Manson, Craig, McNeill, Steele, Simpson, Scullion, Black, Larkin, Ramsay, Letson, Marks, McBride, , Jamieson, Robb, Cuningham, Mc(C)Lean, Johnston, Huggins, Hilton.
Co. Down ...Purse, Manson, Hay, Russell, Barrons.
Co. Armagh...Robinson.
Co. Donegal ..Johnston, Bustard, Funston, Elvin, Wilson, Harron, Hume, Scott, Griffith, Kee, Forsythe
Co. Fermanagh ..Funston, Keys.
Co. Tyrone.. Bustard, Funston.