Author Topic: (Mary) Jane Wentworth 1817 baptism lookup please  (Read 105 times)

Offline Ghosthunter50

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
(Mary) Jane Wentworth 1817 baptism lookup please
« on: Friday 14 July 23 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hi
I'm looking for  my 3 x Great grandmother (Mary) Jane Wentworth baptism record. She was born 3rd September 1817 (as family bible states). 1851 -1881 census' state Wandsworth but subsequent research has them living in Rotherhithe especially at death of father Henry Wentworth in 1826 of Manor Mills. Stated in Will.
Henry was an engineer/millwright, Jane's mother Jane Brooks was originally from Portsea where she & Henry married in 1805 & had the first 6 children baptised.

I have posted above in the Surrey forum but as the family started out in Portsea thought I'd put it on this forum too.

Henry Wentworth (b 1782 in Wiltshire) & Jane brooks (b 1784 in Portsea) married in St Marys church, Portsea 28th Oct 1805.

They had 6 children baptised here between 1807 & 1816 all of which I have names for. 5 subsequent children baptised in Rotherhithe.

The only one missing is Jane. My thoughts are she was perhaps baptised in Portsea before moving to Wandsworth/Rotherhithe.
Or was she the daughter of one of Henry /Jane's siblings & christened under another surname etc & brought up like one of their own. (This happened in another branch where the mother died when baby was a few months old & given to her sister my great great gm to bring up)
 Or  records to deteriated to read.
On her marriage certificate & census' 1841-1881 she went as Jane , her father is named as Henry Wentworth on the marriage cert & is an engineer, on some of her siblings marriage certificates he's a millwright both occupations go hand in hand.
Jane ended up living, marrying in Wales but died in Northampton

I hope this gives as much info needed

Thank you in advance.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: (Mary) Jane Wentworth 1817 baptism lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 July 23 22:06 BST (UK) »
You already have a post here.  Posting on 2 boards results in unnecessary duplication of info.  She has never given her birthplace as Hampshire on a census entry has she?

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=319272

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)