Author Topic: Herbert Gooch  (Read 487 times)

Offline Roggoo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert Gooch
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 15 July 23 20:34 BST (UK) »
Is this from the Boar war muster as Herberts brother Edward (my grandfather) was in the boar war,
and I did wonder if Herbert would have gone with him.
Gooch (england) Butcher (Wiltshire to SE England) Crowe (Norfolk)
Stubbings (Norfolk) Filmer (Kent) Turner (Kent) Coppins.
Boustred (England)

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 16 July 23 01:26 BST (UK) »
Curious Fox website has information on GOOCH of Caston ... worth a look?
Researching my family history of the Goochs in Caston, North Lopham and Langham Suffolk. My grandather Edward Gooch was born in Caston on 22 October 1882 (married Annie Andrews) and had 4 sons - Edward Gooch born April - June 1914, Robert Thomas Gooch born Jan - March 1916, John Everitt Gooch born 17 August 1918 and George Arthur Gooch (my father) born 23 Februrary 1921. Edward's father was Edward Farrer Gooch born 23 June 1855 in Caston (married Maud Emmeline Knights). His father Edward Gooch was born in Caston on 30 April 1817 (married Frances Goldsmith and Sarah Farrer). His father John Gooch was born in 1792 and married Mary Ann Brett,his father Samuel Gooch was born in Caston 1766/67 and married Susannah Flegg. Before this time the Goochs were resident in North Lopham - Samuel Gooch was born here 9 December 1734 and married Martha Salmon. However his father Edmund Gooch (married Temperance Huggins) was born in Norton in Suffolk on 19 July 1697. His father Edmund Gooch was born about 1670 in Langham, Suffolk (married Ann Crowe). His father was Thomas Gooch born in Langham 1638 (married Sarah) and his father was Edmund Gooch who married Elizabeth Syer. I am interested in information or contact from anyone who has links to the G...
That extract was from the Letters Forum
My Gooch's are from Shotesham, Alfred Gooch born 1863, his daughter Elsie Florence May Gooch born 1903 Swaffham was my paternal grandmother having married Alfred Percy Nelson of Great Ryburgh.
I cannot find any Herbert or Harriet in my own data.
cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Roggoo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 16 July 23 06:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Ian  I will have a look at curious fox as it looks like it within my direct line as Samuel/Edmund/Thomas are my great grandfathers line.
Many thanks for your help
Roggoo
Gooch (england) Butcher (Wiltshire to SE England) Crowe (Norfolk)
Stubbings (Norfolk) Filmer (Kent) Turner (Kent) Coppins.
Boustred (England)