Author Topic: wright  (Read 165 times)

Offline clare sharp 14

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
wright
« on: Sunday 16 July 23 22:28 BST (UK) »
wondered if i coud get your view on this or if anyone can help..... i have james fitzjohn marrying mary wright in 1795 in kingscliffe. now i know trees can be wrong but theres alot of people who have mary b1769 in marston trussel whos parents are edward and elizabeth wright.  and edwards dad is brookes wright, now i thought no they are wrong and i looked at marys baptism and i swear it says 1789  and not 1769 and that cannot be right as she had a son in 1797, but what now complicates things is ive had 2 dna matches which have this brookes wright in their tree so i must be connected somehow. if anyone can help be greatly appreciated. thank you

Offline QueenoftheWest

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: wright
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 16 July 23 23:41 BST (UK) »
theres alot of people who have mary b1769 in marston trussel whos parents are edward and elizabeth wright.  and edwards dad is brookes wright, now i thought no they are wrong and i looked at marys baptism and i swear it says 1789  and not 1769

Mary, daughter of Edward and Elizabeth Wright was privately baptised on 5th September 1789 in Marston Trussel, and it appears that she was buried 14 days later in the same parish, so she cannot be your ancestor.

what now complicates things is ive had 2 dna matches which have this brookes wright in their tree so i must be connected somehow.

If your DNA matches - who have also been researching this line - saw the incorrect parents of Mary in the same trees you have seen and then added them to their trees, they will appear in ThruLines. This doesn't prove a connection and ThruLines is only meant as a very loose guide/suggestion. 

Have you found Mary's burial record to narrow down a year of birth? The only one I can find that fits in Kings Cliffe is in 1816, and would make Mary born c.1753. This would make Mary rather old at marriage (~42), but I can only find 1 child for them: James, born in 1797; perhaps this is why?

Could be totally wrong, though.

Queenie  :)
Fidler - West Ilsley, Berkshire
Hamlin/Hamlyn - Long Sutton & Martock, Somerset
Head - Marlborough & Alton Priors, Wiltshire
Minson - Kingstone, Somerset/Symondsbury, Dorset
Owsley - Buckland St Mary, Somerset
Pyke - (West) Weeke/Wick, Pewsey, Wiltshire
Salisbury - Dowlish Wake/West Dowlish, Somerset