Author Topic: Silly Question, poor memory  (Read 291 times)

Offline gnorman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Silly Question, poor memory
« on: Wednesday 19 July 23 22:55 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I've been researching my family history now since my grandfather died in 2003. I've had great pieces of luck, some hard work and some great help here from members of the group.

At some stage within this time I found a school record for a relative - Harold Entwistle. The record is from Oldham in Lancashire but doesn't say the school on the page I have. Harold is the youngest of his generation and I have no school records for any of the others.

The record records his address as 20 Trinity Street, which I know to be correct and his date of birth is 28.08.1893.

My memory causes me problems so I try to write everything down but I have no record I can find of where I found this information or how. Looking through things I wondered if I could check through earlier pages in the book to get the name of the school and then to see if there are similar records for his siblings - Abraham B.1877. Elizabeth B.1880. Thomas B. 1882. Ellen B.1884. Mark B.1886. James B.1889.

I can't seem to find the record again on the sites I am on - can anyone see it anywhere please and point me in the right direct?

Thanks, Luke

Offline curtainhooks

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Question, poor memory
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 July 23 23:02 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I don't have access to school records but on find my past there's a record for Harold Entwistle, born 1893 who went to Oldham St Mary School in 1901. Could be him?
 :)

Offline gnorman

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Question, poor memory
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 19 July 23 23:06 BST (UK) »
Thats great curtainhooks, thank you!