Author Topic: all in one printer  (Read 289 times)

Offline GOODDOG

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
all in one printer
« on: Friday 21 July 23 22:08 BST (UK) »
my printer starts to pull the paper down/out but as it starts to feed it pulls to one side and jams.
  It is an Epson stylist SX235W.   Is there anything i can do or is it better to buy a new one.
   Thanking you in advance
    Gooddog

Offline Biggles50

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: all in one printer
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 July 23 08:48 BST (UK) »
The problem with your printer could be just a paper dust build up, cleaning the paper guide ways could help.  Nothing reality to loose as its that or trash as they are a disposable item.

The other thing it does not have going for it is that it is an Epson, we had one fail at 13months, Epson said its out of warranty, buy a new one.

We did just that, bought new ones, we now have two Canon printers an A4 all in one and an A3, both offer great prints, are reasonably economical with ink.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 July 23 08:57 BST (UK) »
The most likely explanation is that there is a tiny bit of paper jammed in the paper path, possibly as a result of clearing a previous jam.

If the paper never starts to to go in straight you might be able to see it, but if it feeds half a page in before twisting then the problem may be deep in the bowels, a bit hard to see or get to.

Printers are not designed to be mended, just like most things these days, but if it’s broke you have nothing to loose by trying.

Mike

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 22 July 23 10:58 BST (UK) »
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline GOODDOG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 22 July 23 11:54 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to Biggles50  Mazi   and Gadget for your helpful advice .  I will try them when i have time to explore all these.  Will let you know how i get on,
           Gooddog