Author Topic: Elizabeth Cathcart Craig and John Wilson  (Read 521 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Cathcart Craig and John Wilson
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:11 BST (UK) »
Travelling with a William Aitkenhead they are both going to their brother in law
William Craig .His contact details is his wife Lizzie Wilson Robertson Street Partick
William Aitkenhead contact details same address and his wife is Agnes sister of Lizzie
Think this William Aitkenhead is one of mine. He married Agnes Craig, daughter of David Craig and Isabella Ross, on 30 June 1905 and they had three of a family that I know of.

He didn't stay in New York, because he died in Mauchline in 1965. Agnes had died in Ayr in 1958. Their three children all married and died in Scotland.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:31 BST (UK) »
Travelling with a William Aitkenhead they are both going to their brother in law
William Craig .His contact details is his wife Lizzie Wilson Robertson Street Partick
William Aitkenhead contact details same address and his wife is Agnes sister of Lizzie
Think this William Aitkenhead is one of mine. He married Agnes Craig, daughter of David Craig and Isabella Ross, on 30 June 1905 and they had three of a family that I know of.

He didn't stay in New York, because he died in Mauchline in 1965. Agnes had died in Ayr in 1958. Their three children all married and died in Scotland.

I did see the marriage 1905 for Agnes Craig it's a small world  ;D ;D

Rosie

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:41 BST (UK) »
Forfarian he certainly didn't wait long he arrived back 15 February 1913
Wm Aitkenhead age 33 occupation butcher
Ship Celtic

Rosie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:48 BST (UK) »
Forfarian he certainly didn't wait long he arrived back 15 February 1913
Wm Aitkenhead age 33 occupation butcher
Ship Celtic

Rosie
Good grief! Arrived 3 Feb and back in Scotland 12 days later. He'd have spent more time travelling than he did being there after he got to NY.

Thank you for that.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 23 July 23 19:52 BST (UK) »
Exactly that's what I thought must have just had a sleep over  ;D

Rosie